The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

New Birmingham City University students

Starting at Birmingham City University in September? What will you be studying?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
visual communications photography!!!! can't wait :biggrin:
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by Shivy
visual communications photography!!!! can't wait :biggrin:

I bet you can't. Have you registered for Welcome Week updates yet? If you haven't, go to http://www.bcusu.com/welcome/holding/
Reply 3
Anyone starting a pgce? :smile:
Diagnostic Radiography. I'm excited!! x
Reply 6
ODP excited too x
Health and well being :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, you should check out the new connect pages to find others going to your university or even for the same course as you!

Would be a good way to meet new people and future friends and also help prospective applicants :smile:
Moving to Birmingham this September? I suggest you have look at our latest blog post by student Sarah Holmes. She will guide you through our lovely city.
I'm starting a performance degree in piano. Does the conservatoire have much contact with BCU or will we be more or less separate?
Birmingham Conservatoire is part of the University but it is situated in a different part of the city centre. However, it will be moving next to our City Centre Campus in a few years. http://www.bcu.ac.uk/news-events/news/new-home-announced-for-birmingham-conservatoire
'm starting landscape architecture this September :wink: anyone else in here applied for this course? :tongue:
Reply 13
Hey guys, does anyone need a room at Curzon? 45 week tenancy, standard room £111 a week in Block C for the coming year? Cheapest you can get as i booked really early and i dont need it anymore as im getting an apartment now.
If you or you know someone, just let me know by inboxing me or reply to me here, as im a bit desperate to release it.
Original post by stevey226
I'm starting a performance degree in piano. Does the conservatoire have much contact with BCU or will we be more or less separate?

Hi! I'm a current 2nd year (going into 3rd year) student at the Conservatoire. Our contact with BCU is limited - if you wanted to, you could just go into the Conservatoire building for 4 years and not see, or meet anyone else from wider BCU. To be honest, quite of lot of people do this and don't get involved with stuff like the Students Union, as they prefer our own identity as a Conservatoire, and not part of a University. We do have our own freshers week, so don't get buying any BCU wristbands unless you want to attend their events instead of the Conservatoire specific ones! Saying this, you can get involved with the wider Uni if you wish - I have, am a course and school representative, have met the Vice Chancellor and senior University staff several times this year to give student input into the new build. As they say...University (or Conservatoire) is what you make it.
If you haven't already join the official Birmingham Conservatoire Freshers Facebook page!

As BCU have replied, we are moving to a brand new campus in 3 years time, which is in time for your final year :biggrin:
Any questions drop me a line and I'll try and answer them!

Original post by Birmingham City University
Birmingham Conservatoire is part of the University but it is situated in a different part of the city centre. However, it will be moving next to our City Centre Campus in a few years. http://www.bcu.ac.uk/news-events/news/new-home-announced-for-birmingham-conservatoire
Just wanted to forward a congratulations to you all. Even if we are supposed to be rivals. Good luck. :wink:
Original post by Aston University
Just wanted to forward a congratulations to you all. Even if we are supposed to be rivals. Good luck. :wink:

Nice to see the city of Birmingham becoming such an educational powerhouse ;-)
Reply 17
English Lit!! Cant wait!!
Our hotline has just closed but if you've got any questions, we will be here until 10pm. @MYBCU on Twitter and #BringonBCU #Clearing2014
Reply 19
Original post by Birmingham City University
Starting at Birmingham City University in September? What will you be studying?

Computer Science :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending