Blyts-_
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I've applied to do accounting and finance at a uni but if I choose to go into clearing for economics at another uni but don't get the place would I then be able to accept the A&F offer?
Et Tu, Brute?
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
To go into clearing, you need to be 'released in to clearing' as they told me over the phone once. And to do this you need to have either unsuccessful offers, or reject the successful ones. So no, you can't go back on take the A&F offer if you reject it.

Though the way clearing works is you ring the uni and they generally tell you over the phone if they will accept you or not. So if there is space, and they accept you, as long as you apply in good time then you should get in.
purple_panther
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You don't 'choose' to go into Clearing. It only happens if you miss your firm and insurance offers. If you do happen to get into your firm but the grades you got exceed your offer, this is when you go through Adjustment and can apply for another course at a different (better?) university. If that doesn't work out you can still accept your original offer

Oh. Person above beat me to it
Blyts-_
Rep:
?
Thanks for the reply Ok so I've applied for accounting and finance, if I go through adjustment and apply for economics but it's unsuccessful could I then accept the accounting and finance offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Blyts-_
Rep:
?
Do you know much about uni of leicester clearing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Zottula
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Blyts-_)
Thanks for the reply Ok so I've applied for accounting and finance, if I go through adjustment and apply for economics but it's unsuccessful could I then accept the accounting and finance offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
You would only be able to apply through Adjustment if you exceed your firm offer conditions. If you do go through Adjustment you would be able to go back to your original firm if you fail to get in elsewhere. It's like a no risk version of Clearing.

The problem with asking to be released into Clearing is that your original firm offer is lost.

Loads of really information about Clearing and Adjustment here - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...ing-adjustment
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (300)
84.27%
No (56)
15.73%

Watched Threads