FemaleBo55
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi,
Due to the fact I am an auditory learner as well as visual learner, I am looking for AS Biology OCR tutorial videos or visually helpful revision notes if there is not tutorials available as I wasn't able to find some.
I would really appreciate someone was able to help me out
Decerto
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Elhamm)
Hi,
Due to the fact I am an auditory learner as well as visual learner, I am looking for AS Biology OCR tutorial videos or visually helpful revision notes if there is not tutorials available as I wasn't able to find some.

I'm also an auditory learner, so this thread is of interest to me.
zed963
  • Study Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi,
Biology crash course, bozeman science, khan academy.

I don't think there are many videos specific to your spec but you can find videos on the content.

E.g if you needed to find a video on water potential you can find it. Just search the topic there's quite a lot available.
If you're struggling the biology forum is only around the corner, drop a post.
rachu
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
hello. Have you checked out the khanacademy biology playlist? It has most of the A level biology stuff covered in it. And Sal is a wonderful artist and teacher
Munrot07
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi,
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpu...u9N-gZB6PGVhag

This has all the OCR biology A level videos (geared toward the OCR spec) and works a lot by listening with visual prompts I hope this helps.
FemaleBo55
Rep:
?
(Original post by zed963)
Biology crash course, bozeman science, khan academy.

I don't think there are many videos specific to your spec but you can find videos on the content.

E.g if you needed to find a video on water potential you can find it. Just search the topic there's quite a lot available.
If you're struggling the biology forum is only around the corner, drop a post.
Are these specific to OCR or does it cover topics in general?
zed963
  • Study Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Are these specific to OCR or does it cover topics in general?
It'll be very rare to find them specific to OCR, I barely find videos specific to AQA.

Covering the topic in general should be enough tbh.
FemaleBo55
Rep:
?
(Original post by Munrot07)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpu...u9N-gZB6PGVhag

This has all the OCR biology A level videos (geared toward the OCR spec) and works a lot by listening with visual prompts I hope this helps.
Thanks , have you used these videos before, if so were they helpful?
Munrot07
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thanks , have you used these videos before, if so were they helpful?
I made them :P But I have 1,600 subs and I've been given a lot of positive feedback from students and teachers
FemaleBo55
Rep:
?
I made them :P But I have 1,600 subs and I've been given a lot of positive feedback from students and teachers
Cool I can see that you did Chemistry too, what exam board is it aimed at?
Do you any helpful visual AS biology notes because I'm really slow at making my own notes :/
Munrot07
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Cool I can see that you did Chemistry too, what exam board is it aimed at?
Do you any helpful visual AS biology notes because I'm really slow at making my own notes :/
OCR as well Though I haven't done unit 1 and most of unit 4 (but unit 2 and 5 are complete).

And no sorry. I'm really not a visual learner so my notes are the most boring things known to man :P
FemaleBo55
Rep:
?
OCR as well Though I haven't done unit 1 and most of unit 4 (but unit 2 and 5 are complete).

And no sorry. I'm really not a visual learner so my notes are the most boring things known to man :P
OCR B Salters? and lool alright thanks anyways
Munrot07
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
OCR B Salters? and lool alright thanks anyways
OCR A sorry
Aubrey_79
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Revision notes: Asbiology101,
Youtube Videos: Biology crash course, MrBioTom1 and Biology Bytes
Anonymous00
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi,
I am on A level AQA biology but I have gathered lots of YOUTUBE accounts that you can try:

Freesciencelessons
OCRBiologyAS
Free E School
myAlevelBiology
A-level biology

If you do chemistry:

The Fuse School
A level Scientist
MrAndrewsChemistry
Fiaraz Iqbal (also does physics)
Jsouassou

If you do maths:
Exam solutions
Maths Videos-by jayates

Also try khan academy, crash course, ASAP science (just for fun)

Really hope this helps, Good luck... Just a tip, the content on all exam boards are very similar so you don't really have to look for OCR specifically.
FemaleBo55
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous00)
I am on A level AQA biology but I have gathered lots of YOUTUBE accounts that you can try:

Freesciencelessons
OCRBiologyAS
Free E School
myAlevelBiology
A-level biology

If you do chemistry:

The Fuse School
A level Scientist
MrAndrewsChemistry
Fiaraz Iqbal (also does physics)
Jsouassou

If you do maths:
Exam solutions
Maths Videos-by jayates

Also try khan academy, crash course, ASAP science (just for fun)

Really hope this helps, Good luck... Just a tip, the content on all exam boards are very similar so you don't really have to look for OCR specifically.
Thanks, Which one of each would you recommend on the bases of how well they teach the content?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anonymous00
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thanks, Which one of each would you recommend on the bases of how well they teach the content?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it varies on each channel, I would recommend you just to subscribe to all of them and check which topics you need help in and just watch the ones you need help on and jot down some notes.. I can't really say a specific one because some are better at explaining than others

Hope this helped
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (505)
33.69%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (621)
41.43%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (305)
20.35%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.54%

Watched Threads