The Student Room Group

Best modules for AS-level Further Maths (being done with A2s/in year 13)?

(edited 6 years ago)
What are you doing for uni? Doing the easiest isn't always the best idea. Oh and avoid D1 like the plague.
There must be a question around whether a person who already needs to resit two maths modules should be adding to their burden. There must also be a question around someone simply interested in the "easiest" modules rather than what engages their interest and abilities.
Original post by Wisefire
I'd really like to do economics, maths or anything along those lines at a top 8 Russell Group. I'm far from this, but right now I'm just concentrating on working on my A-levels. Let's say that with retaking most of my AS exams next year, along with great A2s, and getting very good grades on these AS Further Maths modules too, I'd have a decent chance of getting into UCL for the 'Statistics, Economics & Finance' course?

I did Maths, Physics, Economics and History this year. Do you think that if I got an A* in Maths, an A* in Economics, an A in Physics and an A* in AS-level Further Maths, I would have a pretty good/worthy enough shot at going for UCL for such a course? I'd also like to go to Warwick, Bristol, Nottingham/KCL or Cass Business School (for IFRM).

My GCSEs were 1A*, 4As, 5Bs and a C (a far cry from top 8 RG material, I know).

GCSE don't matter. I got similar to you, less Bs more Cs and I still got offers from Warwick, Bristol and UCL. I wouldn't advise on applying to UCL for any maths related course. They require A*A*A and STEP and the full further maths A-Level which is really tough. Although you can still apply to courses like straight Econ or Econ & Stats or other courses like that. Same with Warwick for maths the others are fine though.

Quick Reply

Latest