Who happens to have the Edexcel Formula Sheet handy? (Stats Formulae Question) Watch

This discussion is closed.
SoX
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
if anyone can point me to a PDF of the edexcel maths formula booklet, i would be grateful. if not can anyone tell me if u have to remember this:

P(X=r) = (nCr) p^r (1-p)^(n-r)

i could probably remember it if i had to (hell i remembered the PMCC formula for S1 and it turned out it was in the booklet,, dammit).
bloodhound
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i dont see any hope in ur doing maths if u cant remember that simple formula.

i remember it by x= (n / r)p^r q^(n-r) where (n/r)= n!/r!(n-r)!

nothing hard about it
SoX
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
<sarcasm>thanks for that constructive comment</sarcasm>
Rob
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
tis on the formula book, so no need to learn...

I know the pdf on the edexcel website, jus gotta find the bugger ...

http://www.edexcel.org.uk

Rob
SoX
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
hmmmm, thats strange, i found the Edexcel S2 course spec,,, doesnt say u need to know it there. well ill write it down on my "things to remember" piece o paper that ill look at up until the exam anyway.
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
http://www.edexcel.org.uk/virtualcon...from_25602.pdf

Its on Page 2 of this PDF file, and will therefore feature in Page 11 of your Edexcel Formulae Book

The comment from Bloodhound was uncalled for; why worry yourself with remembering a formula that is given as standard - and why should the fact that (s)he may not want to remember it make abilities in Mathematics any more doubtable.

Sox didn't say that (s)he couldn't remember the formula, but instead simply asked whether it had to be committed to memory or not.

With how much crap we have to memorise these days, I try and find as many loopholes in the system as possible - if you can get away with not learning a formula as it appears in the book, then you don't learn it, but just learn when to use it.
bloodhound
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
sorry didnt mean to offend you, but u should know it by heart after all those questions
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (97)
18.91%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (326)
63.55%
Not yet but I am planning to (24)
4.68%
Not yet but I might (66)
12.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed