Anonymous00
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
So I dream to do medicine whether that be a surgeon, GP, doctor, nurse and I've been told that my personality suits the interaction I could have with patients.

I have currently completed my first year in college and I don't think I will pass this year, my GCSE grades was only 1A, mostly Bs and a few less than that but I have a lot of experience. I know of many students who have amazing grades, sufficient amount of experience and don't get into med school. I have two plans:
Plan 1: If I get grades at A-C then I will carry onto my second year at college and try my best to get all A*s then take a foundation year at university
Plan 2: Re-take my first year at college and get amazing grades that majority of students can do in two years and try to get a lot more experience to get into med school straight after

What do you think of my plans and am I being realistic of thinking I can still do medicine?

Also will I be able to get into a university?
username1258931
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous00)
So I dream to do medicine whether that be a surgeon, GP, doctor, nurse and I've been told that my personality suits the interaction I could have with patients.

I have currently completed my first year in college and I don't think I will pass this year, my GCSE grades was only 1A, mostly Bs and a few less than that but I have a lot of experience. I know of many students who have amazing grades, sufficient amount of experience and don't get into med school. I have two plans:
Plan 1: If I get grades at A-C then I will carry onto my second year at college and try my best to get all A*s then take a foundation year at university
Plan 2: Re-take my first year at college and get amazing grades that majority of students can do in two years and try to get a lot more experience to get into med school straight after

What do you think of my plans and am I being realistic of thinking I can still do medicine?

Also will I be able to get into a university?
Medicine is a really hard course to get onto and the majority who apply will have at least AABB, and many will have higher than that. If you arent going to get those sort of grades in AS i dont think there is much of a chance of an offer, even with all the experience. If you retake exams and get amazing AS grades then there is no reason why you cant get into uni. See what grades you get this year and then maybe talk to your chemistry teacher at college and see what they think.
Anonymous00
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Nicole14510)
Medicine is a really hard course to get onto and the majority who apply will have at least AABB, and many will have higher than that. If you arent going to get those sort of grades in AS i dont think there is much of a chance of an offer, even with all the experience. If you retake exams and get amazing AS grades then there is no reason why you cant get into uni. See what grades you get this year and then maybe talk to your chemistry teacher at college and see what they think.
I live in London so there's a lot of competition and it may be difficult to get into uni by taking three years to get those amazing grades when others can do it in two.

My chemistry teacher is also not so easy to talk to... She tried to kick me out of my exam two weeks before the exam and also didn't look for funding for me to go on a compulsory biology trip that was £185, so I didn't go. Not really sure what to do about my college either. It just opened up and I'm in their 'test year'. Doesn't seem like I took a good risk so I might just leave the college.
Anonymous00
Rep:
?
Thanks for the advice

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anonymous00
Rep:
?
Thanks for the advice

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (17)
16.35%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (31)
29.81%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (10)
9.62%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (11)
10.58%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (5)
4.81%
I think it's an unfair expectation (28)
26.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.92%

Watched Threads