Pro Israeli/Palestinian selfies are ridiculous Watch

vickidc18
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Is this the new craze? I stand with Israel/Palestine selfies are ridiculous and incredibly narcissistic, I have people on my facebook posting a selfie with free Palestine as the caption who I'm sure didn't know what Palestine was until the "celebs" started tweeting about it. It isn't something to vote on or take a vain picture to "raise awareness" (How is a picture of yourself posing supposed to bring peace??) it's Innocent people who are dying on both sides of the conflict since it began in 1947, next week when the fighting dies down no one will care again. Arrgh so frustrating!
Snagprophet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think a duckface selfie is what really makes a protest/march in this day and age.
broscience123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by vickidc18)
Is this the new craze? I stand with Israel/Palestine selfies are ridiculous and incredibly narcissistic, I have people on my facebook posting a selfie with free Palestine as the caption who I'm sure didn't know what Palestine was until the "celebs" started tweeting about it. It isn't something to vote on or take a vain picture to "raise awareness" (How is a picture of yourself posing supposed to bring peace??) it's Innocent people who are dying on both sides of the conflict since it began in 1947, next week when the fighting dies down no one will care again. Arrgh so frustrating!
What is especially ridiculous (actually more disturbing) are Zionist women stripping down to 'show their support' for the IDF.
http://uniladmag.com/articles/women-...-selfie-craze/
TommeDeSavoie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by vickidc18)
I agree that a lot of what is surrounding the conflict is very narcissistic, not just in the photo taking though. I don't see a problem with using photos of protests to spread awareness through social media. But from a lot of the ones I've seen I would agree.

Taking photos of the protest can have its benefits to promote action, as it can show how easy it is to take part and can spread the message of how much damage the conflict is doing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (290)
60.42%
Yes- I don't like it (23)
4.79%
No- I want it (132)
27.5%
No- I don't want it (35)
7.29%

Watched Threads