Help, I'm just a newbie ! ! For Cardiff Uni Student ! Watch

Mandywantsyou
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Heey guys !!

I am new to university. I am new to this town. Even if my sister went to uni, I still don't know anything !

If anyone would answer me I'd love you forever ! <3

So, first I wanted to ask about fresher's week. What's happening, what are those wristbands, is it best to go 1 week or 2 weeks to freshers, what are the best clubs around here in Cardiff ?

Next... societies? In your opinion, the best and most going out, lovely people, etc society ? How many can I pick ?
I will love someone orever who answers me this. I know it's still far away, but I don't like being confused. ! :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:
racheyroo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mandywantsyou)
Heey guys !!

I am new to university. I am new to this town. Even if my sister went to uni, I still don't know anything !

If anyone would answer me I'd love you forever ! <3

So, first I wanted to ask about fresher's week. What's happening, what are those wristbands, is it best to go 1 week or 2 weeks to freshers, what are the best clubs around here in Cardiff ?

Next... societies? In your opinion, the best and most going out, lovely people, etc society ? How many can I pick ?
I will love someone orever who answers me this. I know it's still far away, but I don't like being confused. ! :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:
Hi,

I am just about to go into my second year at cardiff so i'll try and help

The freshers week was really confusing. You get the Students Union wristband which is just over a week i think, or there are wristbands for clubs in the centre which you buy week 1 and/or week 2 (i think when you click on a link for these ons it links you to a fatsoma site, whereas the SU ones link you to the SU site). You might want to check the dates of the ones for the clubs as it covers several uni's so it could be that by buying week 1 your not actually there for half of it (that is what it was like last year anyway). A lot of what wristband you buy will depend on your flatmates or any friends you have going there, however I know last year most people went for the students union wristband.
There is also a freshers icebreaker event which is just a one night event in a club, quite a lot of people went to this rather than the students union on that night (again this might depend on your flatmates).

As for societies, before you sign up for any there will be a societies fair in the great hall in the students union, where each society has a stand and you can ask them questions, find out what they're about etc. Most people tended to pick one or two, the people I know that picked more ended up paying for more but not actually going to most of them. There is a list of all the societies on the students union website if you're interested - http://www.cardiffstudents.com/activ...ocieties/list/

Don't worry about being confused, I was really confused this time last year too. A month isn't that much time when there's so much to plan haha, especially when it's all new

Hope i helped in some way
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (156)
17.69%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.62%
No I am happy with my course choice (523)
59.3%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.4%

Watched Threads