Freshers Wristbands? Watch

Mojojojo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Just wondering what everyone's doing for freshers wristbands? I have a friend going into second year in September who told me to get the union one as the electric wristbands are more for second/third years, but a lot of people on the Facebook pages are buying the Electric one. Although this could just be because the union ones aren't being sold yet!
racheyroo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mojojojo)
Just wondering what everyone's doing for freshers wristbands? I have a friend going into second year in September who told me to get the union one as the electric wristbands are more for second/third years, but a lot of people on the Facebook pages are buying the Electric one. Although this could just be because the union ones aren't being sold yet!

Hi, I had this problem last year too with what one to buy. The electric ones are advertised a lot more than the students union ones. Some of it might depend on what your flatmates/friends are doing (however you won't know this til nearer the time when you find out accomodation etc). Most people i knew last year bought the students union one
Mojojojo
Rep:
?
(Original post by racheyroo)
Hi, I had this problem last year too with what one to buy. The electric ones are advertised a lot more than the students union ones. Some of it might depend on what your flatmates/friends are doing (however you won't know this til nearer the time when you find out accomodation etc). Most people i knew last year bought the students union one
Thanks for replying! My friend at Cardiff last year also said to get the union one, but obviously if my whole flat is getting a different one I don't want to have an alternative! People are saying that they don't want to be stuck in the union for 7 nights, is it that bad or do you not even notice?
racheyroo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thanks for replying! My friend at Cardiff last year also said to get the union one, but obviously if my whole flat is getting a different one I don't want to have an alternative! People are saying that they don't want to be stuck in the union for 7 nights, is it that bad or do you not even notice?
Yeah a lot of it will depend on flatmates etc. I didn't go to all the nights, i went to most but missed a couple. I didn't find it too bad as there is a different event each night, and some are in the great hall and some are in solus (i think this is being renamed in time for september), however i'm not big into clubbing and that so clubs all seem pretty much the same to me anyway haha.
If you did get bored you could always skip a night at the union and go somewhere else for one night, or look into the icebreaker event which would give you a night somewhere different too.
Mojojojo
Rep:
?
(Original post by racheyroo)
Yeah a lot of it will depend on flatmates etc. I didn't go to all the nights, i went to most but missed a couple. I didn't find it too bad as there is a different event each night, and some are in the great hall and some are in solus (i think this is being renamed in time for september), however i'm not big into clubbing and that so clubs all seem pretty much the same to me anyway haha.
If you did get bored you could always skip a night at the union and go somewhere else for one night, or look into the icebreaker event which would give you a night somewhere different too.
Did you go out much in the second week? Considering maybe getting the union one for the first and an electric one for week 2. May be a bit tired of going out by then though!
racheyroo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Did you go out much in the second week? Considering maybe getting the union one for the first and an electric one for week 2. May be a bit tired of going out by then though!
Part of that will depend on when your course starts. For me, my course had introductory lectures whilst freshers was finishing so for the last few nights i only went to a couple due to early starts the next morning. But then this will depend on your course, and you yourself as to whether you would still go out or not (plenty did).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (160)
17.66%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (78)
8.61%
No I am happy with my course choice (540)
59.6%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.13%

Watched Threads