Which A-level result are you most confident about getting back...

Watch this thread
shooks
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
...and which one are you most worried about?
Complex solution
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Further Maths (most worried)-
Assuming that an A* is 90% average across A2 units then my FP2 grade may possibly drag me beneath the A* grade boundary though I think I got over 95% across M2/M3.

Normal maths (least worried)-
Pretty sure I got 100 UMS for C3/C4 but I mucked up D1. Shouldn't affect my grade though since A* is determined by 90% average over C3 and C4.

I guess I'm also a little worried about Physics; I forgot to check the very back page and missed out on a good 9 marks out of 90.
Still AQA Physics B has ridiculously low grade boundaries for an A*.
L'Evil Fish
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Confident: Physics AS (Want over 95% UMS)
Worried: Biology AS (WJEC is just really odd with marking biology, I could range from a C to 100% with the way they mark)
TheKingOfTSR
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Confident: Physics , expecting 600/600

Worried: Chemistry. Expecting at least an A after screwing up that unit 5 paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
Vashappeninkira
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
most worried about is as chemistry because if dont get an A i will not be able to apply for medicine this year

least worried about is as History because i want to drop it
K1996s
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Least worried about History as i totally destroyed that paper, bit worried about Politics as it could go either really well or really bad I have an unconditional so doesnt matter too much right now but im still stressing!
corax
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Confident: Photography, I was on target for an A*
Worried: English, they definitely weren't my best essays. Then again I thought this in AS and got an A so.. :dontknow:
All-rounder
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Most confident: Law, I flew through the papers knowing everything that I needed to answer for the questions
Least confident: History, because my teacher neglected to teach us a certain module and it just so happened to show up on one paper as a 40 mrk question :P Meaning= Screwed + Resit.
Kvothe the Arcane
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
BIOLOGY
k83
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
most worried: English Literature because I genuinely don't know how the exam went and the way its marked can all depend on the examiner. A bit worried about History because I didn't get the last paper finished on time, but more worried about English because it's what I want to do at uni.

least worried: Art. My teacher has reassured me time and time again that I will get my A. Not to mention I had a lot of work; more than I had a GCSE and AS.
Piledriver
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Least worried: Politics AS- Pretty much managed to wing the whole year getting A's with no revision and the exam went better than anticipated so fingers crossed!

Most: English literature AS- I've accepted the inevitability of failing considering I didn't have a teacher for 6 months :unimpressed: Hopefully the A in my coursework will boost the exam grade..
Changing Skies
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Not confident about any really, but most worried about English Lit as I could have anything between a B and a D :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
iJess
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Confident about Travel and Tourism, least confident about Philosophy and Ethics
Hippysnake
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I'm confident about all of mine. But then again I got them four years ago, so why wouldn't I be?
H0PEL3SS
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Most Confident:Maths. C1 and C2 were easy.
Least Confident: FM. Made some dumb mistakes in my FP1 paper, but had a great S1 paper, and D1 was meh. Hoping that the grade boundaries are low for FP1 and D1 so I get the UMS needed for an A.
Incubator
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by iJess)
Confident about Travel and Tourism, least confident about Philosophy and Ethics
Didn't even know they did an A - Level in Travel and Tourism
jimbo007
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Economics unit 1 is just a beautiful exam. I'd actually say my Philosophy exam was the hardest
Ndella
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Most confident about History which is keeping me sane as I'm hoping to study it at uni.

Least confident about my other two subjects, but feeling **** about English Lit. I completely ****ed up the exam, plus my coursework mark is nothing to be happy about. Clearing, here I come!
Incubator
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by H0PEL3SS)
Most Confident:Maths. C1 and C2 were easy.
Least Confident: FM. Made some dumb mistakes in my FP1 paper, but had a great S1 paper, and D1 was meh. Hoping that the grade boundaries are low for FP1 and D1 so I get the UMS needed for an A.
M1?
AlexKay99
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by orwell123)
most worried: English Literature because I genuinely don't know how the exam went and the way its marked can all depend on the examiner. A bit worried about History because I didn't get the last paper finished on time, but more worried about English because it's what I want to do at uni.

least worried: Art. My teacher has reassured me time and time again that I will get my A. Not to mention I had a lot of work; more than I had a GCSE and AS.
This is exactly me right now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (66)
66.67%
No (25)
25.25%
I didn't use it to prepare (8)
8.08%

Watched Threads