The Student Room Group

Which A-level result are you most confident about getting back...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Incubator
Didn't even know they did an A - Level in Travel and Tourism
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Yep lmao only know my school who does it. Not all bad I go to Edinburgh for 4 nights as part of my coursework :colone:
English Lit: really don't know how that went and worse yet I did both AS and A2 in one year so I have no idea what I'll get! I didn't get my coursework grades either I just know my A2 coursework was 'excellent' so that's comforting.
Feel sad given that it is what I want to do at uni.
And Biology I'm also really skeptical about, its so hard to know what you got, anything can F-you up! Unit 5 went awfully.

My language I did was probably my most confident, I hope I get 100 UMS for that :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by iJess
Yep lmao only know my school who does it. Not all bad I go to Edinburgh for 4 nights as part of my coursework :colone:

Haha, what A levels are you doing? AS or A2?
Original post by TheKingOfTSR
Confident: Physics , expecting 600/600

Worried: Chemistry. Expecting at least an A after screwing up that unit 5 paper :angry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was it Edexcel unit 5 by chance?
Reply 24
Haha, what A levels are you doing? AS or A2?

I'll be doing A2 from September. For AS I did English language, Philosophy and Ethics, Sociology, Media and Travel and Tourism. Going to drop 1 or 2 depending on results and take up AS in Health and Social Care as I'm applying for Midwifery.
M1?

Went okay, but I'm sure it'll go in my normal maths.
all of them.... except C1 and M4 :colone:
Original post by Complex solution
Further Maths (most worried)-
Assuming that an A* is 90% average across A2 units then my FP2 grade may possibly drag me beneath the A* grade boundary though I think I got over 95% across M2/M3.

Normal maths (least worried)-
Pretty sure I got 100 UMS for C3/C4 but I mucked up D1. Shouldn't affect my grade though since A* is determined by 90% average over C3 and C4.

I guess I'm also a little worried about Physics; I forgot to check the very back page and missed out on a good 9 marks out of 90.
Still AQA Physics B has ridiculously low grade boundaries for an A*.

Edexcel FM?
Reply 28
Confident I'll meet my target for English Language :biggrin:

My physics however was tragic!
Most confident: Psychology
Most worried: English Lit
Reply 30
AQA AS Biology, hoping I got an A
Reply 31
Most confident: History - 99% sure I aced the exam and think I did well in the coursework as well
Most worried: Spanish - basically the opposite. 99% sure I did awfully in the exam and think I failed the oral too :s-smilie:
Most confident: Physics

Least confident: Maths
Reply 33
Surprisngly most confident about MEI maths and least about AQA Physics :frown:
Most confident: Chemistry (AQA), unit 4 was tricky but unit 5 and the empa were quite good.
Least confident: Biology (AQA), unit 5 was shocking:frown:; Maths (Edexcel), messed up C3 and M2 badly:s-smilie: and tried to rescue it in C4 which was okay but too many silly mistakes in C3 and M2.
Physics (AQA) I'm just resigned to the fact that I flopped units 4 and 5!

PS Does anyone know what time on the 13th grade boundaries are released? Thanks.
(edited 9 years ago)
Most confident: Chemistry
Least confident: Tie between Spanish and Biology
Most confident: History
Least confident: Biology
Reply 37
AQA Biology AS

It was the easiest papers, since I spent months of improving my common sense.
Most confident: English

Least confident: Maths

(Both A2)
Most Confident - Maths
Least Confident - Chemistry (shoulda picked Economics or something)

Quick Reply

Latest