Level 3 Extended Diploma in Animal Management? Watch

Bradley C
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 12345567890)
Is it possible to only take level 3 animal management for a year?
Yes but you will only come out with the 90 credit level 3 diploma as opposed to the full extended level 3 diploma.
TJM_
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Great course. I done it now I’m a zoo keeper. If you want to work with animals, it’s a good start.
MaryC1961
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TJM_)
Great course. I done it now I’m a zoo keeper. If you want to work with animals, it’s a good start.
Hi,
Do you mind me asking how you made the leap to zoo keeper? Further courses? Work experience? etc/

Many thanks!
peach_10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I studied the exact same qualification, however my opinion is different to others on this thread, I dropped out after the first year and went on to do A-Levels. I’m in my second year and can honestly say I don’t regret my decision. It ultimately depends on you, if you really think that you won’t enjoy any other course then stick with animal management, the worst thing you can do is study something you have no interest in. But honestly speaking, there are not a lot of jobs in the animal industry, especially ones that are of reasonanble pay. It’s likely you’ll struggle to find employment without knowing connections in the industry.I personally found that the BTEC wasn’t challenging enough for me and I was more suited to an academic course. If you plan on going to university for an animal science related course I would strongly recommend to do A-Levels as I believe they would prepare you better for the workload and examinations at uni. Just beware that A-Levels are much harder and if you think you’re more suited to coursework than exams then stick with a BTEC. But being realistic, animal jobs are not in demand and the pay is not good. Finding employment seems to be getting more difficult each year and it’s recommend you think carefully about your career path. That being said, if you’re passionate about animals and can not imagine doing anything else, then go for it.
Lauren Forster
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I'm currently in my first year studying the Level 3 Diploma in Animal Management at Askham Bryan College. It is an amazing course that teaches you all you need to know about the animal world and not just about domestic animals but wild animals too. My subjects include welfare and breeding, behaviour and communication, small animal rehabilitation, exotics, health and husbandry, nutrition and feeding and we even study biology.we also have practical sessions with the animals at our college: handling them, cleaning out their enclosures and feeding them. We learn about animal legislation and organisations. This course is anything but useless and anyone who tells you that there are not many jobs working with animals clearly don't know what they are talking about because the possibilities are endless and this course can lead you down so many paths. I would strongly recommend this course to anyone and can say with certainty that I would regret my decision if I had not chosen it. Also because animal management covers so many subjects it can get you into a lot of jobs working with animals.
TJM_
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by MaryC1961)
Hi
Do you mind me asking how you made the leap to zoo keeper? Further courses? Work experience? etc/

Many thanks!

Sorry about the delay. When I was studying I was a volunteer at my local zoo, experience goes a long way in zoo world! Once I finished studying I was lucky to get a seasonal keeper job and then they kept me from there!
eleanorc2003
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
hey, i do animal management/ animal science at college at level 3, i’m in my first year and so far i really enjoy it, if you enjoy working with animals and learning about animals and wants a future working with them, i really do think this course is something you will enjoy xx
AbbsReeve
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'm guessing you've finished your Uni Degree now... you're doing exactly what I want to do at uni! Hows the employment now you're out?
Jamie_11_x
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by AbbsReeve)
I'm guessing you've finished your Uni Degree now... you're doing exactly what I want to do at uni! Hows the employment now you're out?
Hi

I'm not sure about the OP, but I commented 5 years ago about this course as well! I finished my course, I went to university and studied veterinary nursing and finished that course with a first overall, I am now doing my top up degree. Career prospects are good I love being in practice, looking for a new role with clinical coaching! Been qualified nearly 2 years!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (346)
60.38%
Yes- I don't like it (30)
5.24%
No- I want it (156)
27.23%
No- I don't want it (41)
7.16%

Watched Threads