Turn on thread page Beta

Applying for loans online (returning students) watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, I was thinking of applying online for my student loan reapplication for this year, but can't do that until the send me the password though the post. Has anyone else got theirs yet?

ReputationRep:
    were do you apply online?
    Ive got an ART number (or something like that) now but no password

ReputationRep:
    i couldnt even get that far?

are you in a pilot area?

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    No I'm not in a pilot area - had the HE1s last year, but got a PN1 this year. I assumed everyone would be getting PN1s this year.

I haven't actually checked the website, the info about the password and stuff came along with the PN1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    No I'm not in a pilot area - had the HE1s last year, but got a PN1 this year. I assumed everyone would be getting PN1s this year.

I haven't actually checked the website, the info about the password and stuff came along with the PN1.

ah, the only thing ive had in the post is yet another 2003/2004 form....which im ignoring.

im sure i'll get next years soon! they have to be in by may 28th.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone fill me in on how we re-apply for the loan online? I have the PN1 that the LEA sent me, but helpfully seem to have left the rest of the info at home :rolleyes:

OT: does anyone know when the next instalment of loan is due? I have my college bill already and my bank balance is looking quite unhealthy...

ReputationRep:
    Just done a bit of reading - the PN1 has to be in by April 30th if you want to apply for non-income assessed support. How am I supposed to get it done by then if I don't even have my password yet?

----

Re applying online - the letter says "you can now apply online - during april 2004 we launch our student finance direct website where you can apply online. we can be found at www.studentfinancedirect.co.uk."

"To apply online you need your ART number (on the cover letter - better make some phonecalls) and a secret password - you should not apply online until you have this password."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)

"To apply online you need your ART number (on the cover letter - better make some phonecalls) and a secret password - you should not apply online until you have this password."
    Thanks

Hmmm will have to try and find that letter. And is it the LEA/Someone official that just send out the password automatically?

ReputationRep:
    What's an ART number? It's all over my form and I don't know what it is, if I need one, where I get one, etc? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    What's an ART number? It's all over my form and I don't know what it is, if I need one, where I get one, etc? :confused:
    You won't have one yet, only returning students will (I think).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    Just done a bit of reading - the PN1 has to be in by April 30th if you want to apply for non-income assessed support. How am I supposed to get it done by then if I don't even have my password yet?

----

Re applying online - the letter says "you can now apply online - during april 2004 we launch our student finance direct website where you can apply online. we can be found at www.studentfinancedirect.co.uk."

are you sure on that date? i read on the website, that new applicants have to be done by april 30th, then returning students are much later.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grey faerie)
    And is it the LEA/Someone official that just send out the password automatically?
    Not sure about the password, I'll let you know when (if?) I get mine, though I guess it would be either the SLC or the LEA who send it.

ReputationRep:
    My LEA sent the ART number, but im a current student. Ive got until the 28th May to fill it in. Is it just me or do anyone else finding ti very confusing and those books they give you are useless!!

ReputationRep:
    I found the books of advice they sent really useful........for the questions I didn't want advice on.
    Any of the questions that I wanted them to clarify they'd totaly skipped over.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.