Watch
This discussion is closed.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kokopops)
o wat..u did good anyway, i just did more! no biggie lol....am proud of my two languages, 1 a* and 1 a in them!! it didnt amount to squat, aint u proud of them?
if xtina spent less time singing shed have got 10a*
kokopops
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by XTinaA)
That's what I do even though I have only up to A-Level. Though I mention the grades for maths and English
wat u get in ur AS's?
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
I suggested a couple of retakes a while ago.
Yep I think I will do this when I am working before my masters. However I would feel so stupid studying them in an FE college. I would rather just teach myself at home.
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What is her name anyway :rolleyes:

I got 3 A* and 4 A.

Ah what the hell, all that stress and then you find it amounted to squat, what a piss-take.
What are you on about?

GCSE's hold a lot of weight in the applications procedure. They are the only qualifications you have completely obtained at that point, along with any AS Levels u cahed in (if any at all).

They do have a considerable amount of importance. Low grades are a hinderance. (Not that yours are, just saying..)
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ralfskini)
...but how did you know it was in re?
there are only a few subjects you can do the short course in, RE being the most common because it's compulsory to have lessons in it anyway.

i did the full course though

lou xxx
makesomenoise
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
o wat..u did good anyway, i just did more! no biggie lol....am proud of my two languages, 1 a* and 1 a in them!! it didnt amount to squat, aint u proud of them?
I'm prud of my work but knew I could've done better if I actually bothered (heehee took the Homer SImpson route). But what I mean by squat is that GCSEs are nought in the big people's world.
Daveo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm not too good at languages, as people have probably noticed.

My grades where 3A*s, 4A's and 3B's - (English lang, English Lit and French)

I think GCSE's only matter to get you into A levels.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Yep I think I will do this when I am working before my masters. However I would feel so stupid studying them in an FE college. I would rather just teach myself at home.
Why not do that then? Why can't you attend a night class or something? At the college I go to for Maths (other A-Levels at school), there is a night class. Most people who go to this are adults, older than you. And they aren't doing a degree.
kokopops
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lou p lou)

lou xxx
me 2
Percy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)

I think GCSE's only matter to get you into A levels.
Sorry, but I disagree completely.

In the Application's procedure, they do carry a fair amount of weight. Lower grades are a hinderance i.e.) Compared to others who apply.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Percy)
What happened to all those D's, G's and U's?
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
What are you on about?

GCSE's hold a lot of weight in the applications procedure. They are the only qualifications you have completely obtained at that point, along with any AS Levels u cahed in (if any at all).

They do have a considerable amount of importance. Low grades are a hinderance. (Not that yours are, just saying..)
Whose applications procedure? Unis maybe but I got into 5 out of 6 given competition from hard workers , and employers don't look at them.
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Langauges and maths were my downfall - I got Bs in them : For the 6 As I got - for four of them were 1 mark away from A* - horrible exam markers! Oh well.
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
It's often a demoralising and also a difficult step to retake them, but if you really feel it will help then go for it.

(my bro went to evening classes and then stopped)
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lou p lou)
there are only a few subjects you can do the short course in, RE being the most common because it's compulsory to have lessons in it anyway.

lou xxx
It's not compulsory, is it?
Daveo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
Sorry, but I disagree completely.

In the Application's procedure, they do carry a fair amount of weight. Lower grades are a hinderance i.e.) Compared to others who apply.
For Universities I suppose that may be the case but Predicted grades carry more weight I think.
kokopops
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Whose applications procedure? Unis maybe but I got into 5 out of 6 given competition from hard workers , and employers don't look at them.
ur going manchester aint u? u still aint revealed what u got in ur AS's
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm prud of my work but knew I could've done better if I actually bothered (heehee took the Homer SImpson route). But what I mean by squat is that GCSEs are nought in the big people's world.
It's all a series of steps. A good foundation, and you can build from there and reach a high level in teh big world more comfortably.
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
wat u get in ur AS's?
Ah my AS grades:

Maths A
Accounting A
Economics B
Government and politics B (to improve)
Further maths (not finished)
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (178)
46.48%
Take exams next summer (56)
14.62%
Change uni choice through clearing (90)
23.5%
Apply to uni next year instead (41)
10.7%
I'm not applying to university (18)
4.7%

Watched Threads