Girls would you ever date a criminal or someone who used to be one?

Watch
Black Cat
Badges: 20
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Would you be willing to date a criminal?
syrettd
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
I actually am. It's a shame I can't use it as some form of work experience for my (hopefully) future career in the prison service
Steezy
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Women can be criminals too.

Really rather sexist, OP. I'm sure all the females would agree.

Women are just as dirty as men... Naming no names, but women. are. filthy.
Kyle Butler
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Steezy)

women may be just as dirty as men, but thats exactly why we do not care about their personalities
TheReckless
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Sure.
MidnightDream
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I probably won't but if I did it would depend what the crime was and why he did it
LJStudent
Rep:
Report 7 years ago

Maybe the OP is only concerned with whether women would? The post isn't even remotely sexist.
kimolozen
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by MidnightDream)
I probably won't but if I did it would depend what the crime was and why he did it
I'm not a woman, but I'd answer this if I were.

don't think stealing a Mars Bar or a drunken assault merits being not dateable.
AlphaDog0127
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Depends what they'd done...
kimolozen
Rep:
Report 7 years ago

Maybe he specifically wanted a female opinion?

How is this different to any of the other gender-specific topics here?
DiddyDec01
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Is a criminal someone who has committed a crime or someone who has been convicted in this context?
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
It depends on the crime.
Steezy
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kimolozen)
Maybe he specifically wanted a female opinion?

How is this different to any of the other gender-specific topics here?
I take it back, take it back!!

I was trying to joke but failed miserably. Can we chalk this up to experience and move on?
Anonymous #1
Report 7 years ago
My partner has a criminal record from something that happened during his teens (he's now in his late twenties) and I've never had an issue with it. He was open with me about it, explained what happened (yes, he did commit a crime, but was accused of something significantly more serious than what it actually was) and I know that he's a far more mature person than he was then. So yes, I would date someone who is a criminal, though it would depend on what it was and whether they were likely to do it again.
Black Cat
(Original post by DiddyDec)
Is a criminal someone who has committed a crime or someone who has been convicted in this context?
Could be both or someone who is an active criminal
Black Cat
(Original post by Anonymous)
My partner has a criminal record from something that happened during his teens (he's now in his late twenties) and I've never had an issue with it. He was open with me about it, explained what happened (yes, he did commit a crime, but was accused of something significantly more serious than what it actually was) and I know that he's a far more mature person than he was then. So yes, I would date someone who is a criminal, though it would depend on what it was and whether they were likely to do it again.
I'm just wondering how do other people judge you knowing that your partner was an ex criminal?
joker12345
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Depends on their crime, I doubt I'd date a murderer but I'd date someone who, say, shoplifted (as long as they were no longer doing so)
maryamzahid
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
really depends on the crime but I wouldn't date anyone who is still a criminal.
Wonderer1
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Mostly depends on the crime to be honest but if they were continuously committing crime acts then no, I probably wouldn't.
s906
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Depends on the crime and maybe how long ago it was? But possibly yes
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (63)
22.5%
Note taking apps (6)
2.14%
Flashcards (52)
18.57%
Revision guides (16)
5.71%
Past papers (132)
47.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (11)
3.93%

Watched Threads