The Student Room Group

Courses to supplement degree

Hi all,

I'm currently studying BA Hons Business studies and account with Open university while working full time. I made this decision so that I could get some relevant work experience while getting my degree.

To get to the point, I am finding it really hard to get a job relevant to my degree studies without any additional 'supplement' qualifications. The closest I came was getting to the lat round of interviews for two different reports analyst jobs, but lost out on no formal excel qualifications or SQL experience.

My questions is, are there any particularly valuable supplement courses I could take along side my degree? I was looking at AAT to get into accounting. Anything relevant to financial reporting/modelling or accounting that's worth looking at or any particular learning providers?

Thanks in advance.
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Hi Morzor,
Are you looking to gain functional skills, such as excel, bookkeeping, or are looking for a qualification. What's the career/area you are looking to get into, this will help determine what you need
Regards

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending