#Results2014 & Clearing 2014 Daily Round Up Watch

She-Ra
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Welcome to our Results and Clearing 2014 round up!

:party:

Each day we'll be posting top tips, information and popular discussion from across the TSR community. Please feel free to post any nuggets of wisdom you come across too :bigsmile:

It's all about the Scots in our roundup today! With the SQA results being released on Tuesday 5th August, it's literally just around the corner & the Scot Qual chatter is buzzing in the Scottish Qualifications Forum

Only 4 days to go! How are you taking your mind off results day?

Over the last week the Community Team has been busy contacting the Scottish Universities to find out who will and won't be offering places in Clearing next week to Scottish students in our guide to Scottish Clearing 2014. We'll continue to update this article as we receive more information.

We're all ready for what looks set to be a bonny results day! Our resident TSR #ScotQuals poster boy "Hype en Ecosse" has done a grand job of briefing the community team and the mods on the in's and out's of all things results north of the border! We also know that we some very knowledgable members -TheFoMaster, Asklepios, hollieeilloh will also be hanging out in the Scottish forum to answer any questions you have and to celebrate with you!

For those of you receiving your Highers results head on offer to your university forum & catch up with other freshers :five:

Feeling a bit nervous about Freshers Week? returnmigrant has put together an awesome thread which is sure to give you peace of mind

Also be sure to check out "what were you most worried about before starting uni and how did it turn out" - its had a :bump: an oldie but a goodie.

We have our :crossedf: for all the Scottish Students, bring on the 5th August 2014!

Don't forget to show us your results face

Our next roundup will be on Monday! Have a super weekend everyone

She-Ra
Rep:
?
Results and Clearing 2014 round up!

A bit of a mish mash of a round up today! Scottish results is front of mind, we'll be shining the spotlight on helpful new Clearing 2014 resources & telling you a little bit about our Clearing & Applications Advisors.

Well it's really hotting up today as we are literally just a few hours away from #ScotQuals being released! Not only has the SQA Results Day Discussion thread been buzzing (we're nearing 1000 posts already!) but generally it feels like the community is really gearing up for all the results season.

Why not wish the Scottish Community the very best of luck in the Good Luck Scotland thread :five:

If you've been in the Clearing, Application & UCAS forum today you will have seen that PQ has been one busy bee responding with straightforward advice to many of the threads and providing heaps of helpful information on which universities will be in Clearing 2014.

You can find information on updated vacancies on our Scotland University Clearing 2014 article and be sure to check in with PQ's master thread Early Clearing/Adjustment Vacancy Lists which will only continue to grow! Origami Bullets has also done a super job of complying universities and courses which will be available through clearing this year.

As there have been a fair few questions on Clearing this year already it's probably worth casting our eye over A Guide to Clearing 2014 & Top 10 tips for university clearing.

You may have also noticed that some members of the mod team now have a new red title under their name and avatar

These are the members of the mod team who have been trained by UCAS directly to ensure we are able to give helpful, accurate and effective advice during the results period and throughout Clearing 2014. We'll be providing more information on who these volunteers are and what they'll be up to over the results period tomorrow.

On Saturday 26th July a group of us had a refresher training session with Helen from UCAS in London. For some of our newer mods this was their first time but are now fully prepared for any questions that come their way. It's all about students helping students and working with the other members of the community who are experts when it comes to admissions advice and application support to make sure every community member gets a helpful response to any question that they ask.

It was lovely to have the team together and put faces to avatars More on that lovely bunch tomorrow!

I'm going to wander back over to the SQA discussion now but will be back in touch tomorrow! See any awesome threads that you think will benefit the community? Post them here please
Attached files
She-Ra
Rep:
?

:cyber:

A quick one from me today as it is was a 5am start on TSR this morning in preparation for Scottish Results. Big shoutout to our Welcome Squad who did a brilliant job of supporting Scottish students the whole way through the night and our superb volunteers from across the Scottish community who kindly shared all their knowledge & kind sentiments. You guys are super :adore:

This evening I'll be touching on Adjustment, University Connect and as promised I'll be introducing our Clearing & Application Advisors.

"Upgrading" through adjustment

I noticed a number of adjustment questions today.There is still quite a lot of confusion around what this is. I've seen it printed in national newspapers that it is basically the same as Clearing. It definitely isn't! There was similar confusion in an adjustment thread today.

Students can use adjustment if they exceed their firm offer i.e. they have to get ABB (the agreed offer) and they achieve AAA. They could then adjust to another university.

Here's another thread on applying for adjustment. Adjustment is available from the 14th August 2014 but if you think you have aced your exams there is no reason why you can't start to contact universities now - research is very important!

You may also want to check out our very helpful article "Get ready to upgrade? Why now is the time to get ready to use adjustment on A-Level results day".

In with the "new" and out with the old......

Yes the old stalking pages have been replaced with University Connect today! University Connect will help members to share information about offers, connect and build relationships. Just in time for Scottish Results and well-ahead of A-level results day & GCSEs... we know some of you GCSE students are already planning your university application strategy

Since we launched it at 3pm this afternoon we've had 168 connections and 91 members have connected!!

The stalking pages were originally a home-grown resource developed by the TSR community and have always been incredibly popular. In recognition of this we have given them a makeover and made them mobile friendly! The key benefit of University Connect is that you'll now be able to type in your details once and if you have decided to apply to 5 different universities these will all update at the same time - a big time-saver! Definitely check them out and provide us with your feedback in our thread in the News & Feedback forum.

Check out the 8 reasons why you should "connect"!

Clearing & Applications Advisors

Finally our Clearing & Applications Advisors are all set for next Thursday.

You can read all about our knowledgeable team here for 2014. We still have a few more to add but this should give you a flavour

Of course we also have many other unofficial advisors who do a brilliant job answering application and confirmation questions - you know who you are and we're in no doubt that the community does too

As you'll see all of our trained advisors will be with the Community Team at TSR HQ and we'll be online from the office from 6am (maybe earlier!) through to 8pm. There will also be support from the wider mod team later on into the evening

Finally one last congratulations to the Scottish students! We hope you're enjoying the celebrations!

:party::party:
Puddles the Monkey
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Results and Clearing 2014 Roundup!

Hey everyone! Today and tomorrow's roundup will be coming from yours truly! :hi: Everyone's really busy in the TSR HQ as we get ready for the big day!

One week to go !

It's just one week until A Level results day, and there's been loads of conversation happening around TSR. It's really good to go and chat to other people who are also waiting for their results, so I'd encourage everyone to get involved. If you're already done with A Levels, it would be great to go offer this year's graduates support and good luck!

The 2014 AS/A2 Results day (Thursday 14th August) Official Thread is buzzing.

It's natural to worry about results day - you can meet others feeling the same as you in the I'm scared I'm going to miss my offer thread 2014. There's also lots of practical advice there so you know what to do on the day no matter what happens!

Does anyone like results day? Maybe you're not worried at all and are actually looking forward to it!

If you're finishing your A Levels this year go and pass some words of wisdom to those going into their first year of Sixth Form: Advice for New Sixth Formers (Sept 2014) - it will make a huge difference for the new students.

If you've recently finished an Access Course then check out this thread to talk others about your results and next steps here: Access Students - your final results.

Gap Years

Thinking about taking a gap year rather than going to uni straight away? Wonder what traveling is like? Suzannataylor starting traveling the world solo at 17 - you can ask her questions about her experiences.

Maybe you're worried if a Gap Year is the right choice for you? Check out the Gap Years forum for more information about gap years, where you can go and what other people are doing.

That's all from me for now - if you see any really useful or awesome threads post them here! I'll be back tomorrow!
Puddles the Monkey
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Results and Clearing 2014 Roundup!

Hey everyone!

Today has been a really exciting day in TSR HQ as our annual survey has been mentioned across the news and radio! Thanks so much to everyone who took part in the annual survey this year - we managed to get over 6000 respondents, who have highlighted an important problem students are facing when making decisions about their future.

TSR ON THE BBC: Students complain of bad A-level advice for degree path - how was your careers advice at your school/college? Share your stories!

You can read the full survey results here!

Application Queries

Sometimes applications don't happen in the standard way. It can be confusing if track has updated early or your univeristy has already confirmed your place before results day. Best follow the advice in these threads to make sure everything's okay:

I have not heard anything from my firm choice.
Have I got in?
Insurance choice hasn't disappeared?

If you're applying to university next year, have you started thinking about how many open days should you go to?

University Life

What should be on your Uni bucket list? Check this thread out to make sure you know how to get the best out of your university experience!

How much Student Loan are you getting? Come discuss it in this thread and hopefully get some budgeting advice and tips whilst you're at it!

Remember that if you have any Student Finance queries you can ask in the Student Financial Suport forum. An official rep from Student Finance England will be on the site every Wednesday to answer your questions!

That's all from me - have a lovely weekend everybody! For some of you the last weekend as an A Level student! Make the most of it!
Puddles the Monkey
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Results and Clearing 2014 Round Up

How are you feeling about results day?

:woo:Hey everyone, hope you had a fantastic weekend! It's just three days until the big day! I hope everyone is relaxed and not stressing too much. :woo:

AS Students - we haven't forgotten about you!
AS Level Results Day Thread - 14/08/14

What happens if you get bad AS grades? Go and speak to other students in this thread, then check out the amazing AS Results Day FAQ & Advice thread: What's Next? - 14 August 2014 for all the advice and information you need for your AS results.

Got questions about your courses in A2 - will they be easier? Harder? What's involved? - How hard is A Level Biology and Chemistry? If these aren't useful for you, find your subject in the subject specific Study help forums and ask away.

Student Accommodation

Moving into halls is an exciting but sometimes scary prospect! Get prepared by reading through What's one thing they don't tell you to pack ?

Do you live at home while attending uni? Maybe you're planning to stay at home, in which case you should check out this great advice for students planning to stay at home from a stay at home student

If you are moving into halls, the prospect of sharing with others can be a bit daunting:
Don't know how to feel about shared bathrooms
? - ease your worries! What about sharing food with other people? Have you felt obliged to share food you cooked with others?

Whether you stay at home, live in halls or rent privately don't worry - you're going to be fine!
Puddles the Monkey
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

First of all, today is
CIE A-Level Results! #Results2014 a massive good luck to everyone who received their results today!
:party2:

You can find others who got their results today in The CIE results thread (A level, AS level, IGCSE, etc.)

Everyone else still waiting for their results - How are you all dealing with exam results nerves?

There's been a lot of talk about clearing today. If you think you'll go through clearing, check out the
Early Clearing/Adjustment Vacancy Lists to get a head start!

There have been lots of useful questions in the forum - using clearing to apply for a course I got an offer from, and later rejected? What time can you add a clearing choice onto track? What does it mean if a course in a uni isn't on clearing? Strange email from uni I rejected?

Go and read through them and make a post to ask your own question.

Uni Life

Choosing the right uni can be difficult - has anyone ever enrolled at a university they've never visited? What were your experiences? Do you regret not visiting your uni first?

Heading off to uni can be stressful - What are your main worries about starting university?

Finally, this is probably the most important question you need to ask yourself - Which Uni has the best Students Union?

It's only two days to go until results day - I'm really looking forward to meeting our trained clearing and applications advisers who'll be coming down to the office tomorrow evening! :woo:

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
18.82%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
10.06%
No I am happy with my course choice (397)
57.04%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (98)
14.08%

Watched Threads