Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My solo performance and composition 1 were both based around classical styles. Does my second composition have to relate to this? So, if I composed a story (I'm singing) then would it have to be classical? And if I composed for two instruments would it have to be classical? Do I have to relate it to another piece?

I'm doing the OCR board by the way

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by hatcs001)
    My solo performance and composition 1 were both based around classical styles. Does my second composition have to relate to this? So, if I composed a story (I'm singing) then would it have to be classical? And if I composed for two instruments would it have to be classical? Do I have to relate it to another piece?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Heya, I'm going to put this in the Creative and performance arts forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=81

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did AQA so might not be much help, but is there a theme that your compositions have to be based on, e.g. Western Classical Tradition or World music?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much Puddles!

And no Sarah, there isn't a theme - I don't think. But that's what I wondered....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much Puddles!

And no Sarah, there isn't a theme - I don't think. But that's what I wondered....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    With mine both our compositions had to relate to the Western Classical Tradition, but they didn't have to be written for classical instruments if that makes sense...

If your teacher hasn't specified anything then I would assume not, but you might like to check the specification on the website? That might have details of exactly what you need to do for each composition - hope that's helpful

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As far as I can make out, one composition is based on AoS 1 and the other is on AoS 2, 3, or 4...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 7, 2014

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.