The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jenmcshane7
As a 50% Swede, I can say, yes you do look Nordic and genuine. As a natural bleach blonde type of Swede I have guys bother me with less flattering questions!

Is my pic on here? I can only see a smiley face in my avatar
and what kind of questions?
Original post by Gorwell
One of my best friends is pale, blue-eyed and platinum blonde (natural)- most of her family are slightly more tanned and dark haired though, which is odd. :s-smilie:

yes, I'm very blonde and blue eyes and lucky to have a Swedish skin that seems to tan quite well. I suffered on a recent trip to India with a girlfriend. It became quite scary so we left early. A redhead and a blonde in India is not a good idea!!! Trust me!!
I've got pale skin and light brown hair which I've been having highlighted blonde since I was 14 ><
I've considered getting a fake tan, but I don't think it would look right on me :smile:
Most of my female friends are blond and very pale guess it depends where you live?
Original post by Armin.
Skin cancer is a big conspiracy. Our use of sunblock has been higher than ever yet the average cancer rates have been increasing. Surely cancer rates should be lower? Right? Right? :wink:

Hahahahahahahahaha... Please tell me you're kidding?! Have thousands of scientists been paid off so Ambre ****ing Solaire can sell more bottles of factor 30?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(if my hair wasnt dyed black...) naturally I'm pale as a ghost, with blonde hair and blue eyes...

*shrug* you do have a point though, I know very few natural blondes :s-smilie:
Original post by behindblueglass
I've got pale skin and light brown hair which I've been having highlighted blonde since I was 14 ><
I've considered getting a fake tan, but I don't think it would look right on me :smile:

You look great as you are. Fake is no good.

Be yourself! :smile:
Original post by Rosasaurr
(if my hair wasnt dyed black...) naturally I'm pale as a ghost, with blonde hair and blue eyes...

*shrug* you do have a point though, I know very few natural blondes :s-smilie:

Trust me ... being a very natural, very natural blonde seems to attract the wrong guys or the pervs! India was a nightmare!
Trust me ... being a very natural, very natural blonde seems to attract the wrong guys or the pervs! India was a nightmare!

oh god I know exactly what you mean. When my hair was blonde I was on holiday in Spain and some random guy offered me 110 camels for my hand in marriage o.O

I was 16...
Original post by Rosasaurr
oh god I know exactly what you mean. When my hair was blonde I was on holiday in Spain and some random guy offered me 110 camels for my hand in marriage o.O

I was 16...

Oh god!

Well, I was walking on a beach and a boy (no older than 16) just walked up to me and pulled down my bikini bottom and revealed my pubes (brazilian!!) to his pal. I was holding a drink in each hand. My girlfriend kicked the guy where it hurt but I was so embarrassed and very angry. I hope that he ached for days. My redhead girlfriend suffered even more than me!
yes, I'm very blonde and blue eyes and lucky to have a Swedish skin that seems to tan quite well. I suffered on a recent trip to India with a girlfriend. It became quite scary so we left early. A redhead and a blonde in India is not a good idea!!! Trust me!!

Oh gosh :eek: poor you, I'm a brunette atm so don't suffer with the sun, the worst I get is an odd tan but that's it!
Original post by Gorwell
Oh gosh :eek: poor you, I'm a brunette atm so don't suffer with the sun, the worst I get is an odd tan but that's it!

A great colour to be ... stay that way!! :wink:
What's weird is that often British kids start out blonde but get darker and darker as they get older. - or rather they start out dark ( at birth) lose their hair, it grows back blonde and gets progressively darker, sometimes to almost black.

I guess blonde hair ( and red) looks quite exotic to most people in the world. ( They keep the same hair colour all their lives too.)

I worked in a school in the South of France for a while and what struck me was how dark the young kids looked - in an English primary classroom there are loads of blonde kids but there were almost none there.
A great colour to be ... stay that way!! :wink:

Aha thank you! It's easier for you blondes to go any hair colour though! :tongue:
Original post by pickup
What's weird is that often British kids start out blonde but get darker and darker as they get older. - or rather they start out dark ( at birth) lose their hair, it grows back blonde and gets progressively darker, sometimes to almost black.

I guess blonde hair ( and red) looks quite exotic to most people in the world. ( They keep the same hair colour all their lives too.)

I worked in a school in the South of France for a while and what struck me was how dark the young kids looked - in an English primary classroom there are loads of blonde kids but there were almost none there.

True. I guess that my Swedish roots have been dominant in my colour. It has its good and bad points but I have to be very aware of some guys!
Original post by tnetennba
1) The allele for blonde hair is recessive. Plus blonde hair is a pain to dye. The bleach often damages the hair and regrowth is very fast & visible.
2) Fake tan

So that's why when I was looking at my mums hair dye it said not to do it on blonde hair.
Original post by Gorwell
Aha thank you! It's easier for you blondes to go any hair colour though! :tongue:

True. I went sheer black for a fancy dress party. I loved it!!
I see pale blonde girls all the time. They're usually with their mums and dads at play group or nursery or school.

Oh god!

Well, I was walking on a beach and a boy (no older than 16) just walked up to me and pulled down my bikini bottom and revealed my pubes (brazilian!!) to his pal. I was
holding a drink in each hand. My girlfriend kicked the guy where it hurt but I was so embarrassed and very angry. I hope that h
e ached for days. My redhead girlfriend suffered even more than me!

That is awful.
Original post by anonymouspie227
I see pale blonde girls all the time. They're usually with their mums and dads at play group or nursery or school.

That is awful.

haha, I was a blonde,blonde,blonde kid!!!! I looked like a stick of cheese!
Yeah it definitely has a genetic element. Ginger people definitely have paler skin which is harder to tan and I think the reverse is true for blondes.

Latest