The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by just a dad
Well, The Matrix and Inception both accumulated plenty of votes prior to only just being edged out, although one is clearly more SF than the other.

Yeah I know, but like I say I'm curious as to what people call the best SF
Original post by Andy98
Yeah I know, but like I say I'm curious as to what people call the best SF

Go to film, make a new thread and poll.

Just do them all in one big poll.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Original post by Motorbiker
Go to film, make a new thread and poll.

Just do them all in one big poll.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will do tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Just seen Godfather, didn't think it was all that special, I'm going with Shawshank.
Reply 44
My vote goes to the Godfather. Them guys are just too cool
Original post by ukip72
Just seen Godfather, didn't think it was all that special, I'm going with Shawshank.

:eek: What did you not like about it? Or was it alright you just didn't find it great?

Shawshank is up to a 4 vote lead now!
Reply 46
:eek: What did you not like about it? Or was it alright you just didn't find it great?

Shawshank is up to a 4 vote lead now!

Good, not great. Looking forward to seeing part II.
Original post by ukip72
Good, not great. Looking forward to seeing part II.

Part 2 is even better tbh. :yep:

(I've not actually watched part 2 yet but i always hear it's better. :ninja: )
All tied up, may yet go to sudden death!

If judged by weight of votes, the winner of this one will be up against it in the final.
Part 2 is even better tbh. :yep:

(I've not actually watched part 2 yet but i always hear it's better. :ninja: )

Part 2 is great, but I've always thought it to be splitting hairs when people say that 2 is better than 1.
Godfather wins!
...except when we looked 5 minutes ago, it was a dead heat at 37 each! How come Shawshank now has one less?
Original post by Emma-Ashley
...except when we looked 5 minutes ago, it was a dead heat at 37 each! How come Shawshank now has one less?

Think it went 37-36, 37-37, 38-37 in the last 5 minutes.

There was a slight issue when i closed it since in the 30 seconds of me closing it then reopening it when it drew people voted on minute 23:59 confusing it.

(I am very tired what i typed may have made no sense)
Thank Christ. So there will at least be one film in the final that is worthy of winning
There was a slight issue when i closed it since in the 30 seconds of me closing it then reopening it when it drew people voted on minute 23:59 confusing it.

(I am very tired what i typed may have made no sense)

I too make no sense whatsoever when I type when tired! :wink:
Movie Madness is an event pitting 64 films against each other in a tournament where only one will triumph (to find out more,click here).

We've found the best film in each of the eight genres and the group winners and runner ups progressed to the last 16 where they fight for the overall win. We're now up to the final 4 films and the semi finals have begun.

Who will progress to the next round? You decide.

Voting is up until Monday 4th August 11:59PM

The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
Perhaps the most famous cinematic disappointment ever, The Shawshank Redemption made up for it's poor box office with a second wind on home release based almost solely on word of mouth, catapulting it to the top of many people's film lists. Spanning decades, the film looks at life in prison and a blossoming friendship between the prison's fixer and a man convinced of his own innocence.

The Godfather (1972)
One of the most famous movies of all-time, Francis Ford Coppola's epic gangster film tracks the Corleone film over the course of a decade. With so many parts immortalised by homages, tributes and parodies, the chances are that even if you haven't seen it there is much that will feel familiar to you.

A design for life or Wonderwall? Different genre. Same outcome. This post sucks. Clickety click.
Who wants to play a game. Cool imo
Question mark.
You have to pick a song. You have to like the song. You reply with the last letter of the previous response. You have to know and like the song.
Wichita Lineman.

Latest