Unifiying Concepts And Chains Rings And Spectroscopy Ocr Watch

This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
any idea whats likely to come up on the ocr chem UC paper?
is it just that little chapter at the end of chemistry 2, or there is more?
also whats likely to come up on CRS.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
well unifying concepts is basicaly wot it says, it makes use of the litlle chapter at the end of the book, but requires ur knowldge of AS and A2 topics, most questions will be related to AS topics. IE they mite ask a Kc or Kp question about Nitrogen given off in the catalytic convertor etc. Good Luck, jus make sure u kno all ur reactions for CRS
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I did CRS in january and it was hard so am retaking it. Make sure you know all reactions and mechanisms, benzene stabilty and sstuff. And you need to know about acids and buffers as well as kc, kw, ka etc for UC.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
good to hear UC is just the last bit, agree CRS was very hard in jan hopefully it'll be easier.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Hopefully a lot easier, Chemisrty seems to have so many exams. I got a D wheras i need a B to do my course at uni - I have a high B at AS so that D drags it down a lot. Oh well fun fun fun...
rboone2003
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Hi people i have my exam for CR+S OCR Exam board in January and i was wondering if anyone can give me any hints on what has come up already so i can revise over them.

The only thing i find difficult is knowing chemical similarities between Nylon-6,6 polypeptides and proteins as i had a homework and i still don't know the answer, also any important differences between Nylon 6,6 polypeptides and proteins (apart from Nylon 6,6 has 6C atoms and the monomers of polypeptides and proteins vary.)

Do you have to know Kevlar and Terylene for the exam as i find it difficult remembering that but as i had it in a homework i suppose i will have to know it. Tommorow i have a mock examination i hope i do ok.

Also in January i am retaking 2 AS foundation chemistry and chains and rings i am taking how far how fast in summer. So much stress i got a D at AS and i have so much work to do. I like chemistry though and am taking it to degree level i hope i can cope.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (199)
12.7%
Excited (136)
8.68%
Worried (287)
18.32%
Terrified (355)
22.65%
Meh (136)
8.68%
Confused (35)
2.23%