Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Any non league fans on here? Im a Barrow fan
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Jamieedgehill)
    Heya, just giving this a little bump in the hopes someone will see and reply.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I support Lancaster City but didn't manage to get to the pre season match vs the other week. Barrow sounded impressive although they do have one player earning almost as much as the entire squad at Lancaster.

What are your predictions for the season? I went to watch Barrow vs Workington on new year's day and wasn't that impressed but I hear you've got a lot more money now which should make a big difference

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brocklehurst95)
    Hi, I support Lancaster City but didn't manage to get to the pre season match vs the other week. Barrow sounded impressive although they do have one player earning almost as much as the entire squad at Lancaster.

What are your predictions for the season? I went to watch Barrow vs Workington on new year's day and wasn't that impressed but I hear you've got a lot more money now which should make a big difference
    Ye i was at lancaster, gopd little ground, went to boston first game we played well and unlucky tomwin. Hopefully we will go up this year and best of luck to lancaster

ReputationRep:
    Ye i was at lancaster, gopd little ground, went to boston first game we played well and unlucky tomwin. Hopefully we will go up this year and best of luck to lancaster
    Lancaster have been in the same division for 9 years now so we're due a promotion soon! Good having Darren Peacock as manager and Trevor Sinclair as the assistant too, bit of optimism about the place. Whenever I watched Lancaster vs Barrow in pre season in previous years I wasn't impressed by a team supposedly 2 divisions higher but maybe things could be looking up for you now

ReputationRep:
    I have an interest in Staines Town in the Skrill South

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amphiprion)
    I have an interest in Staines Town in the Skrill South
    Good to see other people are into non-league football too. I try and have a passing interest in the southern leagues but as I live in the north I don't know much about about teams like Staines. Most of my knowledge comes from football manager haha

ReputationRep:
    There is a Non-League thread already...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=267188

But then Rock Fan created "The Football League and Lower" thread and I'm not sure if he ever came to a conclusion about whether that would be the new place for the Non-League stuff to go. Maybe a mod can decide what to do but I don't see the point in this thread seeing as we already have a Non-League thread so whether this stuff will just get moved there and this one gets closed down?

But I am a Wrexham fan. I made a very last minute decision with going to Dartford at the weekend, a 10 hour all-round trip... The performance was pretty poor but we came away with the three points so I can't complain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brocklehurst95)
    Good to see other people are into non-league football too. I try and have a passing interest in the southern leagues but as I live in the north I don't know much about about teams like Staines. Most of my knowledge comes from football manager haha
    Yeah it's very difficult to follow though as it's not largely accessible. Rather then watch any of their games I tend to follow their own text commentary on twitter for scores and check out the league table from time to time. I've only actually been to a handful of games live as honestly we're pretty freakin awful haha. 7th in Skrill south last year just missing out on a play off place but we'd have been battered to hell and back in the Skrill prem anyway probably.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't seen the old Non League thread for ages! AFC Rushden & Diamonds fan here

We're way down in the depths at step 5/level 9 right now, but hoping to get promoted this season on our way back to the Conference hopefully!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amphiprion)
    Yeah it's very difficult to follow though as it's not largely accessible. Rather then watch any of their games I tend to follow their own text commentary on twitter for scores and check out the league table from time to time. I've only actually been to a handful of games live as honestly we're pretty freakin awful haha. 7th in Skrill south last year just missing out on a play off place but we'd have been battered to hell and back in the Skrill prem anyway probably.
    Fair enough, there should be more people who pay attention to lower league football, even if it's just a little bit. It's a pretty good standard though. I'm moving away to university soon but I'm still wanting to watch Lancaster as often as my student loan will let me.

Poll
Do you have a role model?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.