The Student Room Group

Messed up my eyebrows. (LOL) How to fix them?

So ... :colondollar:

I recently tried to 'maintain' my eyebrows despite being a novice and let's say I completely wrecked them. I don't wear make up and am only starting to use a little recently.

Is there any way I can make them grow faster? hahahaha, I'm so embarrassed I'm trying to grow my fringe to hide them, they look like a pair of broken dreams. :rofl2:

Need all the help I can from the ladies here! XD

Scroll to see replies

Aw no! I've never used anything to make my eyebrows grow before but I guess massaging them might help?haha, it's supposed to help hair on your head grow quicker and I guess it makes sense seens as massaging helps to stimulate that area!:tongue:

I googled 'eyebrow grower' and I found this: http://www.boots.com/en/RapidBrow-Eyebrow-Enhancing-Serum_1252036/ . Supposed to help the eyebrows? But it's pretty expensive!

I hope they grow back quickly for you! You could use an eyebrow pencil in the mean time?(: I use one by loreal(:
Original post by Lil3utterfly

I recently tried to 'maintain' my eyebrows despite being a novice and let's say I completely wrecked them. I don't wear make up and am only starting to use a little recently.

Is there any way I can make them grow faster? hahahaha, I'm so embarrassed I'm trying to grow my fringe to hide them, they look like a pair of broken dreams. :rofl2:

Pics would help, could PM me if you like? There's no real way of making them grow faster, but I'd just leave them alone for a good while and not attempt to pluck/thread/wax etc in the meanwhile. But I would suggest maybe filling them in if they look really uneven?
Original post by Precious Illusions
Pics would help, could PM me if you like? There's no real way of making them grow faster, but I'd just leave them alone for a good while and not attempt to pluck/thread/wax etc in the meanwhile. But I would suggest maybe filling them in if they look really uneven?

Thanks! I'll PM you my non existent eyebrows :colondollar: I might have to buy pencils to fill them in if I really have to... but yes, I won't be touching them for a few years now xD
I've had the same problem about a year ago. what I did was put vaseline on them every night for about a week and they grew a lot faster than usual. I've also heard that if you do the smae with olive oil they will grow thicker but I've never tried this out. Hopefully it will work on you :smile: also, vaseline helps lashes grow longer.
A few years ago I completely overplucked my eyebrows and it looked like I had none, not attractive :colondollar: There are a few products I've heard of that can make your eyebrows grow quicker but they are all quite pricey, I've heard vaseline being used to help eyebrows grow quicker too but this can be a problem especially for those with oily skin :confused: I would just use an eyebrow palette to help fill them in until they grow back, palettes tend to be like eyeshadows and look more natural than an eyebrow pencil :smile:
Reply 6
Apparently, castor oil really helps with hair growth and a lot of people use it on eyebrows and eyelashes. I use it on my head hair in general and have soooo much baby growth since I started using it. (3 x weekly since november 2013) so it could be worth a try :smile:
Reply 7

I use grey eyeshadow to draw mine out with an angled flat line brush:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-lAthBPF6XI0/UDQlvZ0e_zI/AAAAAAAAAGc/LmvXr3ZyY2g/s1600/angle-brush1.jpg
Although my eyebrows are black, using a black eyeshadow is waaay too harsh. With a bit of experimenting and relatively cheap grey eyeshadow (i recommend sleek palette) you can fix them easy peasy. I always get compliments on my eyebrows :colondollar: - and I think its defoo cos with the help of the tools I've suggested you can get a natural looking brow as opposed to hooker brows.

p.s depending on whatever colour your eyebrows are try using an eyeshadow a shade or two lighter!
Thanks! I'll PM you my non existent eyebrows :colondollar: I might have to buy pencils to fill them in if I really have to... but yes, I won't be touching them for a few years now xD

Yeah PM me and I'll give you some advice ^.^ Eyebrows are the most annoying things to mess up :nothing:
Original post by Preeka
Apparently, castor oil really helps with hair growth and a lot of people use it on eyebrows and eyelashes. I use it on my head hair in general and have soooo much baby growth since I started using it. (3 x weekly since november 2013) so it could be worth a try :smile:

Oh thank you, I'm actually using that now, funny enough.
I'm coating it at least 4 times a day, but that's probably too much xD
Original post by Sifr
I use grey eyeshadow to draw mine out with an angled flat line brush:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-lAthBPF6XI0/UDQlvZ0e_zI/AAAAAAAAAGc/LmvXr3ZyY2g/s1600/angle-brush1.jpg
Although my eyebrows are black, using a black eyeshadow is waaay too harsh. With a bit of experimenting and relatively cheap grey eyeshadow (i recommend sleek palette) you can fix them easy peasy. I always get compliments on my eyebrows :colondollar: - and I think its defoo cos with the help of the tools I've suggested you can get a natural looking brow as opposed to hooker brows.

p.s depending on whatever colour your eyebrows are try using an eyeshadow a shade or two lighter!

I'll try and see if it works out :smile: my eyebrows are also black.
Asian genes ftw. I wonder if a brown might also be good, as it looks more natural? then again I'm a novice with this make up stuff. :tongue:
I'll try and see if it works out :smile: my eyebrows are also black.
Asian genes ftw. I wonder if a brown might also be good, as it looks more natural? then again I'm a novice with this make up stuff. :tongue:
I have black eyebrows and pale skin. I also have a couple of scars going through my brows and one is shorter than the other. I'd go with brown eye shadow because it looks more natural and not as harsh. You can get some pretty cheap eye shadows that work well, as well as some brushes, or you can just get an eyebrow palette.
Original post by GoldenAge
I have black eyebrows and pale skin. I also have a couple of scars going through my brows and one is shorter than the other. I'd go with brown eye shadow because it looks more natural and not as harsh. You can get some pretty cheap eye shadows that work well, as well as some brushes, or you can just get an eyebrow palette.

A scar? hope it's faded by now, alright then. I'll put that down as a suggestion also :smile: makeup is so expensive xD but has to be done now I suppose.
A scar? hope it's faded by now, alright then. I'll put that down as a suggestion also :smile: makeup is so expensive xD but has to be done now I suppose.

Haha, yeah. You can't see any marks but it sucks because the hair no longer grows in that place. It's only tiny though :redface:

On the upside the makeup usually last for a long time. If your on a tight budget then MUA does a brow pencil for £1 or a brow kit for £3.50. I've never used the powders before, but the pencil works quite well. It's rather harsh so it takes some getting used to. Sleek does a brow kit for £8.50 and it's pretty good. The brushes it comes with are quite usual despite being tiny. So you could cut the cost on brushes if you don't mind using the given ones.

I have spoken for way too long and you are probably bored of me by now. I'll let you have your freedom. xD
Haha, yeah. You can't see any marks but it sucks because the hair no longer grows in that place. It's only tiny though :redface:

On the upside the makeup usually last for a long time. If your on a tight budget then MUA does a brow pencil for £1 or a brow kit for £3.50. I've never used the powders before, but the pencil works quite well. It's rather harsh so it takes some getting used to. Sleek does a brow kit for £8.50 and it's pretty good. The brushes it comes with are quite usual despite being tiny. So you could cut the cost on brushes if you don't mind using the given ones.

I have spoken for way too long and you are probably bored of me by now. I'll let you have your freedom. xD

I can imagine :frown: but it's good that it's tiny, I doubt anyone looks that close anyway. Wow, that is super cheap. Do you still use these brow pencils and stuff then? or have you switched brands?

This is so tempting, I am motivated to get a summer job to pay for my stuff xD <3
You're not boring me at all, I can talk all day long XDDDD
Thanks for the advice btw <3
I can imagine :frown: but it's good that it's tiny, I doubt anyone looks that close anyway. Wow, that is super cheap. Do you still use these brow pencils and stuff then? or have you switched brands?

This is so tempting, I am motivated to get a summer job to pay for my stuff xD <3
You're not boring me at all, I can talk all day long XDDDD
Thanks for the advice btw <3

As long as no-one starts to inspect my eyebrows I think I'll be fine. :P

I still use the brow pencil but not as much as the powders. When I use the pencil I normally do a couple of short lines throughout the bottom of my brows and then blend with an angle brush. The pencil is pretty good but it's a lot less natural. I rock power brows though, so I have to be careful to not overuse the pencil.

The powders are a lot simpler, though. I can't say much about the MUA powders, but if their eye shadows are anything to go by then they'll be pretty good too. I'm generally pretty impressed by all of the MUA products I've used. I switched from benefit to sleek for powders. I still use the benefit one but sleek works just as well. I doubt I'd switch from MUA to another brow pencil, though.

This is good news, I tend to talk waaaay too much. xD
Haha, your welcome. I'm just a loser who likes to talk about make up way too much. :biggrin:
As long as no-one starts to inspect my eyebrows I think I'll be fine. :P

I still use the brow pencil but not as much as the powders. When I use the pencil I normally do a couple of short lines throughout the bottom of my brows and then blend with an angle brush. The pencil is pretty good but it's a lot less natural. I rock power brows though, so I have to be careful to not overuse the pencil.

The powders are a lot simpler, though. I can't say much about the MUA powders, but if their eye shadows are anything to go by then they'll be pretty good too. I'm generally pretty impressed by all of the MUA products I've used. I switched from benefit to sleek for powders. I still use the benefit one but sleek works just as well. I doubt I'd switch from MUA to another brow pencil, though.

This is good news, I tend to talk waaaay too much. xD
Haha, your welcome. I'm just a loser who likes to talk about make up way too much. :biggrin:

Be careful, I just might start inspecting them XD
(Just realized I don't even have a photo of you, dang XD)

Hahaha power brows? sounds awesome. :wink:
Ah that is pretty interesting though, after watching makeup tutorials on youtube - the ones I've seen anyway, they just use eyeshadow and brush it on their eyebrows, then pencil it in or something.
From what I've seen, benefit makeup is quite expensive no?
I JUST REALIZED, MUA. Is that makeup academy? I could be wrong.

That's fine, you can speak for England and I'll be there to listen :biggrin:
Well, it's not really a loser thing. The main reason why I plucked my eyebrows (or tried to) was to get 'korean eyebrows', they're basically... just straight eyebrows that look like hyphens. I don't know why I like them xD
Be careful, I just might start inspecting them XD
(Just realized I don't even have a photo of you, dang XD)

Hahaha power brows? sounds awesome. :wink:
Ah that is pretty interesting though, after watching makeup tutorials on youtube - the ones I've seen anyway, they just use eyeshadow and brush it on their eyebrows, then pencil it in or something.
From what I've seen, benefit makeup is quite expensive no?
I JUST REALIZED, MUA. Is that makeup academy? I could be wrong.

That's fine, you can speak for England and I'll be there to listen :biggrin:
Well, it's not really a loser thing. The main reason why I plucked my eyebrows (or tried to) was to get 'korean eyebrows', they're basically... just straight eyebrows that look like hyphens. I don't know why I like them xD

Haha, no photo means you'll never know! My plan is coming together :biggrin:

the youtube tutorials are pretty good. I stopped following them for brows after they didn't work for me. Don't blame me, my eyebrows are awkward things. Yeah, benefit is pretty expensive, so I try and avoid buying it as much as possible. Yep, MUA is makeup academy! Just one of the best xD

Straight eyebrows are awesome, I wish I could pull them off. I have very Italian features though, so I need me some strong brows to balance out my face. One day you will get your wish of successful Korean eyebrows, one day...
Use pencil to fill them in, or get them tinted on.
Also, let them grow back, while they do you must make sure you don't try to pluck them back to shape. Let them grow full, then get them professionally threaded,

http://www.boots.com/en/Rimmel-Professional-Eye-Brow-Pencil_6946/

Good luck.
Haha, no photo means you'll never know! My plan is coming together :biggrin:

the youtube tutorials are pretty good. I stopped following them for brows after they didn't work for me. Don't blame me, my eyebrows are awkward things. Yeah, benefit is pretty expensive, so I try and avoid buying it as much as possible. Yep, MUA is makeup academy! Just one of the best xD

Straight eyebrows are awesome, I wish I could pull them off. I have very Italian features though, so I need me some strong brows to balance out my face. One day you will get your wish of successful Korean eyebrows, one day...

Oh darn it, and here I could judge you :wink: just kidding.

Yeah, they're not bad. I first saw the shaping eyebrow tutorial by Michelle Phan but it's hard to follow when your eyebrows have no shape. My eyebrows are awkward things too xD No worries.
It is, MUA is more affordable. But I'm not sure, if there's a quality difference? You heard about straight eyebrows? they make you look younger I think. Ohh that makes sense, hahaha thank you :P

I bet your eyebrows are nicely shaped now though :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest