The Student Room Group

Childcare and counter fraud.

Hello , I am posting for a friend , I hope this is in the right place.

My friend from uni had claimed the childcare grant, In April she did not get her last student finance payment and this was due to being checked out and one of the nurseries used had said that she had not used them for the time she had put on the form and so she must have changed the dates or filled the form in herself ? she swears she did not fill it in herself ,

She has phoned me today as she has got a letter from the counter fraud services and basically the letter says to her the nursery has said they never filled the forms out and so student finance are taking the childcare grant for the 2013/2014 period off her and it is classed as an overpayment , but now she is wondering with that being taken off her would she still get the student loan late which she has not recieved yet or would that be taken from her too ? Also would she be allowed to apply for the childcare grant for the upcoming year.

thanks in advance for answers x
When you say they are saying she has filled the form in herself, do they have a form that the nursery has to fill in monthly/weekly to confirm attendance?
what i gather from what she is saying yes , The CCG2 form , The nursery is saying they never filled it in or signed it , so student finance have taken the childcare element for the whole year from her.

She is hoping that she will now get the Aprils payment of student loan , I would have thought they would stop that also but thought i would ask here for advice for her.
Reply 3
Hi please can you advise what has happened with this please? I am in the same situation. Childcare has not been paid and the fraud services are saying the nursery wil not admit they went there. How do i go about getting any money?
Reply 4
what happened with the counter fraud department ,did they make you pay money back and did you get your fees paid
Hi, please check thread dates before posting. Thanks.

Latest

Trending

Trending