Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GalGirl101)
    Yeah I have a few questions. Which degree did you go onto and what's the workload like
    i am going to do biomedical sciences at queen mary but u could also transfer after the foundation year
    and i'd say if you keep up with the work weekly then it becomes really manageable. also u wont have January exams so it'd be good to use the December break to catch up on anything you have missed or even read ahead (altho i didnt do that). u will have a lot of assessed essays/tests throughout the year, which will count towards ur final grade and i really recommend u to work hard for those coz they'll really help you to get a higher % overall. for the bio and chem modules, the coursework is worth 30% and for maths it's 20% of the overall. and the cst module is 100% coursework based. just keep on top of the work and you'll be able to balance everything! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucifer9898)
    i am going to do biomedical sciences at queen mary but u could also transfer after the foundation year
    and i'd say if you keep up with the work weekly then it becomes really manageable. also u wont have January exams so it'd be good to use the December break to catch up on anything you have missed or even read ahead (altho i didnt do that). u will have a lot of assessed essays/tests throughout the year, which will count towards ur final grade and i really recommend u to work hard for those coz they'll really help you to get a higher % overall. for the bio and chem modules, the coursework is worth 30% and for maths it's 20% of the overall. and the cst module is 100% coursework based. just keep on top of the work and you'll be able to balance everything! x
    Thank you for your reply! You answered a lot of my questions! I'm planning to continue onto Electronic Engineering and I've already done Maths and Computer Science A-Level so apart from physics I'm hoping I don't struggle too much (content wise at least)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 7, 2018
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.