The Student Room Group

Phone <on contract> broken!

If I buy the same phone again, will I still have the agreed contract on the SIM card (or the phone's number)?

My parents are paying the contract, just want to know if I could possibly retain the minutes instead of letting them pay out for nil.
Yes, you just put the old sim the the new phone. Simple.
Original post by ZeroName
If I buy the same phone again, will I still have the agreed contract on the SIM card (or the phone's number)?

My parents are paying the contract, just want to know if I could possibly retain the minutes instead of letting them pay out for nil.

Do you mean the phone is on contract or is it a sim only contract? If the phone itself is on contract, you should contact your network to see how repairs/replacements work in the middle of a contract, perhaps they can get you a replacement included in what you're already paying.
Original post by ZeroName

The contract is tied to the sim card, the phone itself is essentially an add-on to the contract to incentivise you to take a contract out. You can put the sim card in any (compatible) phone you like.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending