Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi im doing gcse next year

and i cant decide between arabic or fench, since u helped me decide between history an classical civ (i chose hist) i think you might be helpful

Im quite good at arabic and feel i could get a gd mark

im ok at french but dont think i should drop it after 6 ueras, im getting a tutor (and hopfully that will move me to higher tier) i know this might stupid but a c in anything would devistate me (thats why im so worried about French and art)

Maybe i should choose whats good for the cv? dunno!

Please any help would be really aprreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amrou)

and i cant decide between arabic or fench, since u helped me decide between history an classical civ (i chose hist) i think you might be helpful

im ok at french but dont think i should drop it after 6 ueras, im getting a tutor (and hopfully that will move me to higher tier) i know this might stupid but a c in anything would devistate me (thats why im so worried about French and art)

how about both?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    how about both?
    That means id have to drop art or history and i like them 2 much

ReputationRep:
    Depends if you're more interested in a career in terrorism or business.

ReputationRep:
    Rude! Im arabic u know! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amrou)
    Rude! Im arabic u know! :mad:
    Yes, I'd guessed. Just pointing out that both languages would be useful for different things. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Come on pple vote! I mean pleez

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure people would give mch weighting to Arabic, knowing that you are Arabic and this gives you a huge edge. French would be considered more of a challenge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amrou)
    That means id have to drop art or history and i like them 2 much
    you say youre arabic; so take arabic outside of school and french in.

best of both worlds, and if youre good at arabic then it shouldnt be too much extra work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amrou)
    Come on pple vote! I mean pleez
    If you are an arab it's yuor mother tongue so pointless.French will be more useful another language on your list....

ReputationRep:
    I wish Id been given the opportunity to study Arabic. Just French or German at my school.

ReputationRep:
    arabic is supposed to be quite easy apparently so do them both. if you are really fluent at arabic then it wont be much extra work at all. they are really easy papers ad they are like primary school arabic,.but yeh just go for both.
    Xx

ReputationRep:
    sorry just realised that u sed u cant do both!!!yeh then id go for arabic cos u sed u mite get a C in french.i went for french not arabic and got an A but i had to work hard for it. if uve got an easier option then go for it,. on ur cv an A in arabic is obviuosly much better than a C in french.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say French, because if you're Arabic and you take that as a GCSE, then it just looks like a cop-out.

Besides, French GCSE is very easy, just learn the verbs religiously and the vocab, and it's pretty hard not to get at least an A. Our year took French a year early and only 1 person failed to get an A*. It's really quite easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angietash)
    Besides, French GCSE is very easy, just learn the verbs religiously and the vocab, and it's pretty hard not to get at least an A. Our year took French a year early and only 1 person failed to get an A*. It's really quite easy.
    hmmmmmmmmm :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    hey,
    choose what you really want- maybe make a list of all the things you like about each and that'll help.
    i'm studying french and will probably continue it for A-level, it's really usefull and not to hard to learn, i can also study arabic and that's a nice language- the characters are different and that's what makes it interesting. i guess that didn't help LOL :confused: but choose what you enjoy doing and not always what'll be better for the future- because its about now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    Depends if you're more interested in a career in terrorism or business.
    that's harsh- and won't really help make a descison!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amrou)

I'd go for arabic; much more interesting (i.e. non-latin) and I'd guess is more widely-spoken than French.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    hmmmmmmmmm :rolleyes:

Don't believe me? It was the top set that took it early, and yes, one person got an A.

ReputationRep:
    i would do french because the launguage is sexy and it is a neighbour country, also arabic is the launguage that is used by a country at war init so it wont be useful in later life

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.