This discussion is closed.
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
one guy broke in to a house and stole a video-player, he got it home, plugged it in and got electrocuted. he sued and got conpensation from the people he stle it from!! lol-true story!
Wouldn't that be similar to a person who got arrested for trying to file a complaint because his usual "dealer" was cutting his cocaine with too much other stuff?

Also, wouldn't he be better off complaining to the makers of the player?
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
"one guy broke in to a house and stole a video-player, he got it home, plugged it in and got electrocuted. he sued and got conpensation from the people he stle it from!! lol-true story!"

How can you sue for that?
FoxNewsRocks
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
In all honesty, in the US you would be better of killing the intruder if he/she was actually in your home. If you simply injured the person, or somehow the person injured theirself escaping, you`d be held responsible for not providing easy escape to the criminal. Whereas if they lay dead on your floor, dead men dont file law suits, and can be dismissed as self defense. Just make sure they are physically IN your house before you introduce them to your little friend.
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by FoxNewsRocks)
you`d be held responsible for not providing easy escape to the criminal.
Is that true?

I can see the criminals forming a strike becasue people weren't providing easy eascape routes
Mysticmin
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
[QUOTE=2776][QUOTE=FoxNewsRocks] you`d be held responsible for not providing easy escape to the criminal.
Is that true?

I can see the criminals forming a strike becasue people weren't providing easy eascape routes
Only in america
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (68)
53.13%
Yes, but I want to swap them (10)
7.81%
No, but I know who I want to choose (14)
10.94%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (33)
25.78%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (3)
2.34%

Watched Threads