ER98
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Just finished GCSEs and would be happy to answer any questions regarding them from upcoming year 11s.

My subjects and boards were:

Maths Higher (Edexcel)
English Literature+ Language (OCR)
Biology, Chemistry, Physics (Cambridge IGCSE)
History (WJEC)
French, German (AQA)
Sports studies (OCR)

Happy to answer any subject-specific questions or general queries.
JanitaTwain
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
How did you find the maths exam this year?
funkydee19
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I also did History (WJEC) which topics did you do for your exams? Mine were Early USA, Germany, Later USA.
stephanieuwa
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What do you think you're going to get?
ER98
Rep:
?
(Original post by AlphaNick)
What are you predicted!!
I am predicted 6A* 5As. What about you? Worried I will not get that
ER98
Rep:
?
(Original post by JanitaTwain)
How did you find the maths exam this year?
Harder than June 2013 for sure! But, that is my own opinion. Did you do the same exam? Hoping the boundaries are lower than last year
ER98
Rep:
?
(Original post by stephanieuwa)
What do you think you're going to get?
I honestly do not have a clue! I can only hope. In an ideal world 7a* 4As, but I am 90% sure that did not happen.
ER98
Rep:
?
(Original post by funkydee19)
I also did History (WJEC) which topics did you do for your exams? Mine were Early USA, Germany, Later USA.

Usa 1910-1929
Germany 1929-1947
Usa 1929-2000
funkydee19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ER98)
Usa 1910-1929
Germany 1929-1947
Usa 1929-2000
Same as me.. how did you find them?
ER98
Rep:
?
(Original post by AlphaNick)
I'm predicted 9 A*s and 2 As... I might drop one of the As for a B in Spanish because the listening was difficult. But I think I got the rest fine.
Impressive
ER98
Rep:
?
Same as me.. how did you find them?
Germany was the hardest imo- Usa 1910-1929 was great, outline paper was in the middle.. need that A*! What about you?
funkydee19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ER98)
Germany was the hardest imo- Usa 1910-1929 was great, outline paper was in the middle.. need that A*! What about you?
I found USA 1929-2000 the easiest. I was able to memorise the whole essay for the 10 marker. But made stupid mistakes like forgetting what the NAACP is even tho I revised that so much. Early USA and Germany were both alright. I hope to get a B but wouldn't mind getting a C tbh History is not one of my best subjects. Hope you get your A*
WaywardWriter
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I did wjec aswell finally someone who did the same board. I studied Russia in transition, USA 1910-29 and the Arab - Israeli conflict:yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
JanitaTwain
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ER98)
Harder than June 2013 for sure! But, that is my own opinion. Did you do the same exam? Hoping the boundaries are lower than last year
Yes I did it, I'm so thankful that someone found it to be hard other than me. The question where you had to convert miles in to km left me so angry and frustrated. The grade boundaries are high this year: 140 for an A apparently and I can't remember the mark needed for an A*.
Its_Tito
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yes I did it, I'm so thankful that someone found it to be hard other than me. The question where you had to convert miles in to km left me so angry and frustrated. The grade boundaries are high this year: 140 for an A apparently and I can't remember the mark needed for an A*.
My entire class hated that question, we were never really taught it and it was as if we were 'expected' to know! I knew that it was 1.6, but I felt as if it was a stupid question to put into the exam
JanitaTwain
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Its_Tito)
My entire class hated that question, we were never really taught it and it was as if we were 'expected' to know! I knew that it was 1.6, but I felt as if it was a stupid question to put into the exam
But the end questions on the second paper were SO good. I was scared that they were going to give us transformation of functions so I was really happy with the trig questions.
ER98
Rep:
?
Nobody knows the grade boundaries yet! Many do reckon it will be lower than last year- OMG that miles-km question really frustrated me (they gave you the conversion in a previous paper)
ER98
Rep:
?
I found USA 1929-2000 the easiest. I was able to memorise the whole essay for the 10 marker. But made stupid mistakes like forgetting what the NAACP is even tho I revised that so much. Early USA and Germany were both alright. I hope to get a B but wouldn't mind getting a C tbh History is not one of my best subjects. Hope you get your A*
Oh yeah the 1929-2000 10 marker I had memorised!
ER98
Rep:
?
(Original post by WaywardWriter)
I did wjec aswell finally someone who did the same board. I studied Russia in transition, USA 1910-29 and the Arab - Israeli conflict:yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did you find USA 10-29?
JanitaTwain
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ER98)
Nobody knows the grade boundaries yet! Many do reckon it will be lower than last year- OMG that miles-km question really frustrated me (they gave you the conversion in a previous paper)
There was this page, I think it was on tsr, which specifically stated the grade boundaries for the exam now I can't find it for some reason. According to my teacher students sitting the exam from 2017 onwards will not have the formula sheet either...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.19%
I'm not sure (59)
4.52%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (381)
29.22%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.84%
I'm not a current university student (642)
49.23%

Watched Threads