The Student Room Group

Undercut/fade with length on top....

Do you rekon guys with wavy hair can support a decent undercut with length on top?

The guy in the photos below has a slighty wavy hair and the undercut looks pretty awesome (obviously he has the facial aeshetics to enhance the appearance of the style as well).

I was considering growing all my hair out throughout the winter, however, I might just opt to grow the top and support an undercut/fade with a 1 on the back and sides.

What do you rekon, yay or nay? Also, what's a good length on top for this sort of style? I like the length in the top photos, nevertheless, the length can vary.

LOL

So alpha!

Scroll to see replies

:bump:
Reply 2
I think anyone can support a lengthy quiff with the right products and technique, my hair's straight as **** so I have to curl it with straighteners first to get the curve.

With regards to the length on top and sides, if you're looking at the first couple of photos then you'll need several inches on top. Make sure you get the sides right, we haven't all got heart shaped noggins like these models, so if you've got a narrow face short sides will make your face look twice as long.
Original post by Tom78
I think anyone can support a lengthy quiff with the right products and technique, my hair's straight as **** so I have to curl it with straighteners first to get the curve.

With regards to the length on top and sides, if you're looking at the first couple of photos then you'll need several inches on top. Make sure you get the sides right, we haven't all got heart shaped noggins like these models, so if you've got a narrow face short sides will make your face look twice as long.

Do you reckon an undercut is better or a fade?

I don't know whether or not to stick with a low fade or go for a consistent grade all around.

Low fade

Undercut

Which one would looks better in your opinion?
Original post by King Leonidas

I don't know whether or not to stick with a low fade or go for a consistent grade all around.

Low fade

Undercut

defo undercut. here's the one I gave my hairdresser to use

if your hair is v thick like mine then expect to see hair gel/wax and spray appear on your shopping list more often

I use L'Oréal for styling but aussie for care/maintenance/washing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk
defo undercut. here's the one I gave my hairdresser to use

if your hair is v thick like mine then expect to see hair gel/wax and spray appear on your shopping list more often

I use L'Oréal for styling but aussie for care/maintenance/washing

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome man, would be cool if you could post a pic of your hair styled:smile: I take it you get a grade 2 or 3 on the sides and nothing off top?

I have always had a low fade and short on top when I go to the barbers. Recently I have to decided to grow my hair out, thus decided on low sides and lengthy top, I do think an undercut looks pretty badass.
Reply 6
I'm a gay guy and good hair on a guy is something that really gets my attention, but this style is something that I really cannot find attractive. Even the guys above who are modelling it just look ridiculous, part of me is seriously cringing because these are some pretty nice-looking guys and they generally think their hair looks good, but another part of me is just laughing at it. Obviously everyone has their own opinion on it but I just feel the need to express mine, because literally it's just hilariously shameful.

Call me unstylish or anything you want, but I can't help smirking when I see people with this haircut.
Original post by louieee
I'm a gay guy and good hair on a guy is something that really gets my attention, but this style is something that I really cannot find attractive. Even the guys above who are modelling it just look ridiculous, part of me is seriously cringing because these are some pretty nice-looking guys and they generally think their hair looks good, but another part of me is just laughing at it. Obviously everyone has their own opinion on it but I just feel the need to express mine, because literally it's just hilariously shameful.

Call me unstylish or anything you want, but I can't help smirking when I see people with this haircut.

Your sexuality is irrelevant, I don't know why you posted that.

and fair enough, you're entitled to your opinions:smile: What kind of style do you like then?
grade 3 is too long. go 1 if daring but 2 is safe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Your sexuality is irrelevant, I don't know why you posted that.

and fair enough, you're entitled to your opinions:smile: What kind of style do you like then?

exactly and I'm in the lgbt community myself. I know loads of straight guys with effeminate haircuts gays with masculine ones and both with inbetweens.

Posted from TSR Mobile
3rd pic is the best
Original post by tehforum
3rd pic is the best

Agreed, but the dude has some srs facial aesthetics to pull of any haircut.

INB4 I get an undercut and look like this

Mentalwardbrah
Reply 12

Low fade

Undercut

Might be best if you post a pic of yourself then I can judge.. I wouldn't get an undercut personally, but that's just me, it suits plenty of other guys.
Agreed, but the dude has some srs facial aesthetics to pull of any haircut.

INB4 I get an undercut and look like this

Mentalwardbrah

But everything about the haircut is just right, notwithstanding the man's facial aesthetics.
Original post by Tom78
Might be best if you post a pic of yourself then I can judge.. I wouldn't get an undercut personally, but that's just me, it suits plenty of other guys.

Original post by tehforum
But everything about the haircut is just right, notwithstanding the man's facial aesthetics.

Pic of my hair at the moment, no product.

Think I should go for it? I want a lot more length on top...
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 15

Pic of my hair at the moment, no product.

Think I should go for it? I want a lot more length on top...

Looks like you haven't got much length in your fringe dude, you'll need to wait for that to grow - probably most of the way down to your eyebrows. I reckon a low / medium fade would suit you from what I can see.

Just a waiting game now man, keep the sides tight and let the locks flourish! :wink:
Original post by Tom78
Looks like you haven't got much length in your fringe dude, you'll need to wait for that to grow - probably most of the way down to your eyebrows. I reckon a low / medium fade would suit you from what I can see.

Just a waiting game now man, keep the sides tight and let the locks flourish! :wink:

So get a low fade now and just keep growing the top, right?

So you don't think I'll look like a bellend if I grow the top then?
So get a low fade now and just keep growing the top, right?

So you don't think I'll look like a bellend if I grow the top then?

Needs more growth.
If you're good looking, athletic etc get an undercut, if anything else don't bother as you'll look stupid.
Original post by tehFrance
If you're good looking, athletic etc get an undercut, if anything else don't bother as you'll look stupid.

Well I'm not ugly and I workout, do I qualify:awesome:

Quick Reply

Latest