Will I be left out if I don't stay on campus?

Watch
Bigyindz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I feel like if I don't stay on campus I will feel left out and I wont be able to make friends. The thing is I have my own flat so I still have to pay rent and bills to live there so I can't possibly live on campus.
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Bigyindz)
I feel like if I don't stay on campus I will feel left out and I wont be able to make friends. The thing is I have my own flat so I still have to pay rent and bills to live there so I can't possibly live on campus.
Heya, just giving this a little bump in the hopes someone will see and reply. Image What uni are you going to?

You should also check out the new connect pages to find other people who have applied for the same courses as you! Image
New- Emperor
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
A littel mabey join societys go out with your mates a go the the freshers fair and just go out and you should be fine
Jenn.
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I would stay it entirely depends on your social skills. You could live off campus and have a FANTASTIC first year or live in halls and be totally miserable. Of course, you will be missing out on some social events if you are not living on campus, but that won't hinder you from making friends and having great fun. Just make sure you join some societies and talk to as many people as you can in order to have a normal and dynamic university life "outside home", though.
Mr-Brightside
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hugely depends on your uni...

If your going to a campus uni I would strongly recommend going into halls for the first year. It will make meeting new people so much easier, as well to put it simply... it will force you to interact with new people rather than sitting in your room at home talking to your old mates from school on facebook all night. As well as the traditional "drinking nights out" most flats/halls end up organizing "monopoly/movie" etc. which in my opinion is where you actually really get to know each other.

If not make sure you join lots of societies and really put yourself out there in lectures.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (62)
22.3%
Excited but a bit nervous (126)
45.32%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.95%
I'm really nervous (54)
19.42%

Watched Threads