Food Science and Nutrition 2015 applications

Watch this thread
kateelizabeth03
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hiya, is anyone else applying for this course or similar courses? I'm applying to Leeds Nottingham Reading and Surrey
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kateelizabeth03)
Hiya, is anyone else applying for this course or similar courses? I'm applying to Leeds Nottingham Reading and Surrey
Heya, just giving this a little bump in the hopes someone will see and reply. Image

You should also check out the new connect pages to find other people who have applied for the same courses as you! Image
Mike_Chef
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Hi

I applied to all of the same, Reading was was my first choice followed by Surrey, Leeds and Nottingham. I visited the Sutton Bonnington campus at Nottingham and was blown away with the modern facilities, and a very energetic and vibrant team of staff.

I now start Nottingham in September!
NinJake
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I'm applying for Food Science at Reading/ Nottingham/ Leeds, Nutrition with Food Consumer Sciences at Reading and Food Science & Technology at Cardiff Met.

I wasn't planning on uni when I chose my options so now I actually don't do any science, apart from Physics AS which will make it very hard for me to get a place at Reading but i'd be happy going to Cardiff Met also if it doesn't work out there.
cheersdominique
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I'm an American student and I'm applying to KCL and Nottingham for nutrition, Westminster for human nutrition and exercise sciences, and then to the University of Glasgow for physiology, sports science, and nutrition!
Larissa14
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
What a levels do you take? I'm not old enough for university but I'm interested in the kind of subject
NinJake
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Larissa14)
What a levels do you take? I'm not old enough for university but I'm interested in the kind of subject
For A2 I am going to do Food Technology, Geography and Psychology and have done Physics AS. Most food science students (as most uni's require it) will do at least 2 core sciences at A2, usually chemistry and biology.
Larissa14
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by NinJake)
For A2 I am going to do Food Technology, Geography and Psychology and have done Physics AS. Most food science students (as most uni's require it) will do at least 2 core sciences at A2, usually chemistry and biology.
Would universities accept one science with both of chemistry and biology at gcse level ?
What do you want to be if doing the course if you get in?
NinJake
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Would universities accept one science with both of chemistry and biology at gcse level ?
What do you want to be if doing the course if you get in?
They won't usually consider GCSEs (as long as you have C in English/Maths/Science). But many courses seem happy to accept one science if you have another 'secondary science', so subjects like food tech, geography, psychology are often accepted as a secondary science
St.Claire_Parker
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I also got accepted to do Food Science at Nottingham. But since i'm an international student....i wont get to visit the Sutton Bonnington campus. What is the campus like?

I also received unconditional offers from University of Leeds, Reading and Cardiff Met.

My top choices nottingham, leeds and reading but i just can't commit to one as yet.
University of Leeds
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Hi Larissa,
Apologies for jumping on to your old thread! Just to let you know the application deadline for the University of Leeds Food Science Summer School is today and you can apply today! If you have any questions about the course or Leeds please don't hesitate to get in touch

All the best
Laura
Larissa14
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by University of Leeds)
Hi Larissa,
Apologies for jumping on to your old thread! Just to let you know the application deadline for the University of Leeds Food Science Summer School is today and you can apply today! If you have any questions about the course or Leeds please don't hesitate to get in touch

All the best
Laura
Sorry I can't go, Leeds is too far away and I still have school?
University of Leeds
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Sorry I can't go, Leeds is too far away and I still have school?
Hi Larissa,

No problem at all!

All the best
Laura
Izzyblake123
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I was just wondering what kind of grades you got at AS/your predictions to get an unconditional offer were?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
20.93%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
12.79%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (5)
5.81%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (15)
17.44%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (18)
20.93%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
22.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise