Good leather jacket brands? (Quality not designer) Watch

treyget
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm looking for good brands that make quality leather jackets, stuff like Schott who are reputed where you get the best quality leather for your money. Not something like Hugo Boss where half of it is going towards the name and the company is not considered mostly as a leather jacket company.

Also what is the style where it's like a normal jacket with a collar? I don't want a biker based one or anything, just a casual zip up with a collar.
buymefor
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Really, it's a impressive post for women to purchase many type of clothing like for summer & winters clothes of leather foe specially women.
Flyingaround
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by treyget)
I'm looking for good brands that make quality leather jackets, stuff like Schott who are reputed where you get the best quality leather for your money. Not something like Hugo Boss where half of it is going towards the name and the company is not considered mostly as a leather jacket company.

Also what is the style where it's like a normal jacket with a collar? I don't want a biker based one or anything, just a casual zip up with a collar.
I do a lot of leather jacket photo shoots with some models and i can say that for real good quality leather, don't go to your normal fashion shops. This one i recommend to the maximum www.lakelandleather.co.uk they are in manchester but its a real leather jacket. Why go to a trendy shop and buy a fake leather jacket for 100 pound when you can get a top quality and still absolutely gorgeous jacket. I've even looked in places like marks and spencers, even gucci in hong kong which matches the same leather quality as lakeland leather but offcourse they mark it up by 1000 pound.

They even go into detail on the labels such as anilene leather/ least chemical finish to make it as soft as can be.

Let me know if you buy one, i do shoots
Cali_lewis
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've found the best quality ones are found second hand in vintage stores or parents wardrobes, I've got three leather jackets and two are from my parents wardrobes and one was £45 in a vintage store. I find the leather is much nicer on the older ones but they may not do the styles you are interested in and they take a while to find the right one, hope this helps
Flyingaround
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Cali_lewis)
I've found the best quality ones are found second hand in vintage stores or parents wardrobes, I've got three leather jackets and two are from my parents wardrobes and one was £45 in a vintage store. I find the leather is much nicer on the older ones but they may not do the styles you are interested in and they take a while to find the right one, hope this helps
Agreed, such places as high street shops now sell low quality leather for cheap nowadays or they put a high price tag on it for no reason other than being a label. The above shop i listed have the best softest leather out there.
SHABANA
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm happy with my Superdry leather jacket - the leather is really soft and it fits well.
Travello1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There a website called ShopperFiesta which has a section called Budget Bar going around in Ireland
Travello1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There’s a website called shopperfiesta which has a section called Budget Bar going around in Ireland & United Kingdom which guarantees lowest prices for genuine leather jackets & they offer free shipping too. Its worth checking out because there are other sites which offer great prices too but free shipping is what cuts the deal here.
MiaEmily
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would like to suggest you to go through a good leather jacket brand named as Fadcloset.com. There you will find your favorite with affordable Prices
MehmoodHanif
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Recently I ordered a jacket from https://www.thejacketmaker.com/mens-leather-jackets with some modifications as they allow their customers to customize their jackets as well (what I like actually in their brand) -- And when I received my jacket the quality was near to perfect. But due to customization, it took bit longer to deliver.
usmanqamar
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Leather jacket in particular and outerwear in general are more about fit and material. A few year back i ordered my first custom leather jacket and i fall in love with fit and feel. I will suggest to spare some time and don't buy regular jackets and go for either MTM or Custom from scratch. I ordered from the jacket maker
EmmaParker69
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

I recently bought a leather jacket online from *The Jacket Maker* they are affordable with good pricing. Also they allow you to customize your design on your own
Jackpwhitehead
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Levis are most popular brand of leather jacket.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (340)
15.71%
The paper was reasonable (1175)
54.3%
Not feeling great about that exam... (468)
21.63%
It was TERRIBLE (181)
8.36%

Watched Threads