The Student Room Group

Girlfriend still on a dating site

My friend sent me a message earlier today saying he bumped into my girlfriend on plentyoffish and that she was online recently. So naturally I took a look and all the details said she was still single and looking for a relationship. As you can understand this put me on edge a bit.

Should I confront her or just leave it and hope that she isn't actually looking for someone behind my back?
Reply 1
I would calmly confront her
Reply 2
Original post by Veldrin
My friend sent me a message earlier today saying he bumped into my girlfriend on plentyoffish and that she was online recently. So naturally I took a look and all the details said she was still single and looking for a relationship. As you can understand this put me on edge a bit.

Should I confront her or just leave it and hope that she isn't actually looking for someone behind my back?

you have to talk to her otherwise you'll just stress over it

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had this issue, I forgot what site she used, it only drove me insane when she would meet them. I only ever got comfortable with it when she asked me to check it for her (to see if she had messages)

Talk to her about it otherwise it'll slowly drive you insane.

Or you could do some spying, but that'd be nasty :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Confront her straight up? Unless you are a pussy who let's his girlfriend get her way because he's scared of losing her. If you are the latter then do nothing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Talk to her about it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by ElChapo
Confront her straight up? Unless you are a pussy who let's his girlfriend get her way because he's scared of losing her. If you are the latter then do nothing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Binary Freak
I had this issue, I forgot what site she used, it only drove me insane when she would meet them. I only ever got comfortable with it when she asked me to check it for her (to see if she had messages)

Talk to her about it otherwise it'll slowly drive you insane.

Or you could do some spying, but that'd be nasty :frown:

Original post by Zarah01
you have to talk to her otherwise you'll just stress over it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by qwerty73
I would calmly confront her

Original post by Veldrin

Why would he confront her?

There's nothing wrong with a girl who's keeping her options open especially if their relationship is either new or on the rocks.

Instead of trying to make her out to be the bad guy the OP should be on his best boyfriend behaviour and showing his gf how great he is.

Your friend wanted to start trouble when he approached you with this online dating thing. Sort him out not your gf.
Reply 7
Attachment not found
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Armin.

There's nothing wrong with a girl who's keeping her options open especially if their relationship is either new or on the rocks.

Instead of trying to make her out to be the bad guy the OP should be on his best boyfriend behaviour and showing his gf how great he is.

Your friend wanted to start trouble when he approached you with this online dating thing. Sort him out not your gf.

Sure there's nothing wrong with it, but 4-5 months down the line it does become quite concerning.

It's probably right that he might be starting trouble

:hmmmm:It'd probably make it easier if you quoted someone, then addressed the quote, then done the same. Just a suggestion :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Armin.

Because (according to OP) it's a relationship, not FWB.
Reply 10
Original post by Veldrin

It could be old, and she's just checked her inbox because of the email notifications that come with the site.

If it really makes you anxious, confront her. But be more casual, not accusatory. She might have just forgotten about it, checked it and the activity bumped up. If she is talking with someone, it is not 100% definite that it's romantic.
Reply 11
Original post by Veldrin

confront her about it but in all honesty its probably nothing, when i first got with my boyfriend i forgot to take it down and it said i'd been online when i hadn't (sometimes if you're on your phone it will say you're online

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ask her about it but try not to sound accusing.
Ask her what's up! It could just be that she forgot to update her details because she is having so much fun with you :biggrin: or could be just that she was super-busy and such trivial details are not exactly circling on top of her head. :lolwut:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending