What's your Wilkes' formula total?

Scroll to see replies

Weight: 76 kg

Squat: 150 kg
Bench: 80 kg
Deadlift: 190 kg

Total: 420 kg

Wilkes' total: 296.6

Atm my squat is probably at 160 (testing this week), bench at 85 and deadlift at 200, in which case my score would be 314.2
Reply 41
Original post by Motorbiker
People at my gym have 205/160/260 lifts in the same 83kg class.

Not sure on wilks but about 400?

Pts, Northampton have a comp coming up in Powerlifting in Oct or Nov I think. That a good location?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep.

I have to buy a crap ton of clothing though just to enter though. For example, a lifting suit, shirt underneath etc
Reply 42
70kg

Bench 92kg
Squat 119kg
Deadlift 145kg

Total 356kg

Wilkes score 266. 8

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tehforum
Yep.

I have to buy a crap ton of clothing though just to enter though. For example, a lifting suit, shirt underneath etc

You need a singlet, that's it.
You need a singlet, that's it.

Slightly relevant - are shoes mandatory for deadlifting in meets? As my trainers have a soft sole I just deadlift in socks but wonder whether there are regulations on that as no shoes is kinda like lifting from 1cm blocks or so.
Original post by illusionz
Slightly relevant - are shoes mandatory for deadlifting in meets? As my trainers have a soft sole I just deadlift in socks but wonder whether there are regulations on that as no shoes is kinda like lifting from 1cm blocks or so.

Yea, in powerlifting they are.

Buy some thing plimsoles for a fiver or deadlift slippers.
Reply 46
280 on the women's formula based on my weigh in and total from last week's meet.
Original post by rlw31
280 on the women's formula based on my weigh in and total from last week's meet.

What did you lift last week?

Wilks for a joke cos I don't bench or DL so I did predicteds for everything.

Bodyweight: 75kg

Squat: 116kg
Bench: 58kg
DL: 122kg
Total: 296kg

Wilks: 281.4

Sinclair one (this is my best ever comp total)
Bodyweight: 67kg (have become so heavy!)
Snatch: 58kg
C&J: 67kg
Total: 125kg
Sinclair: 159.6 (lame)
Reply 48
I want to say we should have a wilks table with everyone's scores so we can try to catch folks but no way can I be arsed doing/maintaining it and I'm not sure if it wouldn't just full of get e-stats and calculated maxes.
Original post by BKS
I want to say we should have a wilks table with everyone's scores so we can try to catch folks but no way can I be arsed doing/maintaining it and I'm not sure if it wouldn't just full of get e-stats and calculated maxes.

We used to do this in the OP of the MBSFM a year or 3 ago but we could never be bothered.

I was just me at like 70kg hassling people with my very crap lifts but only mediumly crap WILKS and slowly catching them.
I think Wilks should be superseded by a better formula. It tends to favour heavier lifters and doesn't really have any physiological basis as it's just a polynomial fit of some lifters once upon a time.
Reply 51
Original post by Piggsil
What did you lift last week?

Wilks for a joke cos I don't bench or DL so I did predicteds for everything.

Bodyweight: 75kg

Squat: 116kg
Bench: 58kg
DL: 122kg
Total: 296kg

Wilks: 281.4

Sinclair one (this is my best ever comp total)
Bodyweight: 67kg (have become so heavy!)
Snatch: 58kg
C&J: 67kg
Total: 125kg
Sinclair: 159.6 (lame)

God, I've been awful at keeping up with quotes :colondollar:

I squatted 122.5kg, benched 70kg and pulled a very mediocre 122.5kg at 84kg. I've another meet this weekend and have only trained three times since the last meet, FGS.
Original post by rlw31
God, I've been awful at keeping up with quotes :colondollar:

I squatted 122.5kg, benched 70kg and pulled a very mediocre 122.5kg at 84kg. I've another meet this weekend and have only trained three times since the last meet, FGS.

What's up with your DL? Injury? Beast squat :moon:
Original post by TSA
BW: 75Kg

1RM
Squat:128Kg
Bench:64Kg
DL:139Kg

Total:331Kg

Wilks Total: 235.9

Update:

Based on most recent figures.

1RM
Squat 129Kg
Bench 67Kg
DL 164Kg

Total 360Kg

BW 77Kg

Wilks total: 252.0

All calculated though.
Reply 54
Original post by TSA
Update:

Based on most recent figures.

1RM
Squat 129Kg
Bench 67Kg
DL 164Kg

Total 360Kg

BW 77Kg

Wilks total: 252.0

All calculated though.

that DL shot up
Reply 55
Update: 254.9 at 76kg
Original post by tehforum
that DL shot up

I did 115 for 12 today, no idea how was feeling pretty good I guess. I used Wendlers formula to calculate 1RM as your link only goes to 10 reps. But I used Wendlers for my previous figures and recent figures so it's consistent.

This weeks all about trying to hit PRs so will be able to give a more accurate figure at the end of the week. Got bench on thursday and squat friday.

I'm liking this 5/3/1 programme.
Original post by TSA
I did 115 for 12 today, no idea how was feeling pretty good I guess. I used Wendlers formula to calculate 1RM as your link only goes to 10 reps. But I used Wendlers for my previous figures and recent figures so it's consistent.

This weeks all about trying to hit PRs so will be able to give a more accurate figure at the end of the week. Got bench on thursday and squat friday.

I'm liking this 5/3/1 programme.

The higher the reps the less accurate the 1RM calculator.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The higher the reps the less accurate the 1RM calculator.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh probably explains it.
Original post by TSA
Ahh probably explains it.

I would not trust anything from more than 5 reps tbh and even then it varies form person to person

Weight used: 160kg Reps : 13 = 1 Rep Max: 229

:ahee: Best i've pulled is 200. I've done 220 form 17 inches...

Quick Reply

Latest