The Student Room Group

Your top tips for first driving lesson

Since I start learning to drive this week I thought it'd be a great time to get your top tips in preparing for and for in your first driving lesson. :smile:
Get your theory nailed and out of the way as soon as possible. Relax and take your time, it sounds quite hard but you have to forget other cars exist. You will stall at some point, and you will frustrate other drivers, I am convinced that some drivers see the L plates as targets just to try panic a learner driver. Forget about them and just drive as your instructor tells you. It helps if you have a good working relationship with them, good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by TornadoGR4
Get your theory nailed and out of the way as soon as possible. Relax and take your time, it sounds quite hard but you have to forget other cars exist. You will stall at some point, and you will frustrate other drivers, I am convinced that some drivers see the L plates as targets just to try panic a learner driver. Forget about them and just drive as your instructor tells you. It helps if you have a good working relationship with them, good luck!

Cool Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending