The Student Room Group

Post results options -

What are you guys part b plans if results do not suffice?
Reply 1
Most people tend to take a gap year, during which time they get a job, retake any necessary exams, reapply for the following year and take some time to travel.
Reply 2
Original post by peter qwert

I guess 17 year olds have the luxury of time to take a "gap year" and retake their exams. For me, starting A levels at 20, i can't afford to trip up or get anything less then AAB. Society has a way to let you know that your living off borrowed time with respect to the fast approaching drudgery of the slave employment life cycle.
After one of my Geology exams which went awfully I know that I haven't achieved my firm, if I don't achieve my insurance, I intend to just take a year out, get a job, and retake said exam(s).
Reply 4
Original post by peter qwert

Consider trying a re-mark

Consider ringing your firm/insurance offer and begging (try the let me in if I defer a year option)

Consider clearing - for the same course or something slightly different

Consider taking a gap year and re-sitting some exams next summer (Is this feasible? If you would need to re-do coursework would your old teachers be prepared to support and mark this?)

Consider what you actually want to do - are you on the GCSEs-A level_University bandwagon because all your mates are? Is trying again really your best option?

Quick Reply

Latest