Vitamin B2: 100% RDA
Niacin: 100% RDA
Vitamin B6: 100% RDA
Folic Acid: 200% RDA
Vitamin B12: 200% RDA
Pantothenic Acid: 100% RDA
Iron: 100% RDA
Calcium: 270% RDA

is there anything missing that i would need?
Reply 1
Hope this will help :smile:

Reply 2
Original post by Eagle14
Hope this will help :smile:

how the **** are you meant to get so many vitamins in one day?
Just eat a good diet with plenty of fruit and vegetables.
Some fish oil and Vitamin D are the only thing I supplement, the latter only in the winter

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doob
how the **** are you meant to get so many vitamins in one day?

If you're struggling to get everything in from food, many find using a multivitamin supplement a great way to get what your body needs.
Reply 5
Original post by GoNutrition
If you're struggling to get everything in from food, many find using a multivitamin supplement a great way to get what your body needs.

most studies, and even experts say that multivitamins are a waste of money, and are not effective at extending life, or defending agaist heart disease etc
Reply 6
NUTRILITE Daily - NUTRILITE Daily contains vitamins, minerals and carefully selected plant concentrates from carrots, spinach, watercress, alfalfa, acerola cherry and parsley, providing phytonutrients

NUTRILITE Fruits and Vegetables, Omega-3 Complex
I agree with Doob. Unless you have a very poor diet or have a medical condition resulting in specific vitamin deficiencies then you should get all the vitamins and minerals you need from your standard diet. Multivitamins and vitamin supplements are a complete waste of money for most people.
Original post by Doob
most studies, and even experts say that multivitamins are a waste of money, and are not effective at extending life, or defending agaist heart disease etc

Then why are you asking for advice on possible supplementation?

Go figure
Reply 9
Original post by Angry cucumber
Then why are you asking for advice on possible supplementation?

Go figure

I wasnt asking about supplementation at all, i was asking what vitamins i need, and was shocked at how many you need...
Multivitamins are for people too lazy to eat plenty of vegetables which, in all honesty, is not even that hard.

What you must remember is that RDAs are a minimum requirement, and for optimum health you generally want to exceed them by a lot. That said, if you're eating plenty of good quality fish, meat, eggs, milk, nuts fruit and vegetables then you are unlikely to be lacking significantly in any essential nutrient. If that is the case I simply wouldn't worry about numbers. If not sort it out.

The exception to this is vitamin D. Because we synthesise it from our exposure to the sun, the far greater time we spend inside or covered up in modern life means most people are deficient, especially during the winter months, and especially those with darker skin living in northern countries. Plenty of evidence supplementation can promote health in many ways, and it is common for doctors to prescribe its use. Pregnant or breastfeeding women are encouraged to supplement, for instance.
Original post by Rinsed
Multivitamins are for people too lazy to eat plenty of vegetables which, in all honesty, is not even that hard.

What you must remember is that RDAs are a minimum requirement, and for optimum health you generally want to exceed them by a lot. That said, if you're eating plenty of good quality fish, meat, eggs, milk, nuts fruit and vegetables then you are unlikely to be lacking significantly in any essential nutrient. If that is the case I simply wouldn't worry about numbers. If not sort it out.

The exception to this is vitamin D. Because we synthesise it from our exposure to the sun, the far greater time we spend inside or covered up in modern life means most people are deficient, especially during the winter months, and especially those with darker skin living in northern countries. Plenty of evidence supplementation can promote health in many ways, and it is common for doctors to prescribe its use. Pregnant or breastfeeding women are encouraged to supplement, for instance.

It's becoming more and more common in certain population groups under the notion it's a good idea to cover every bit of your skin in black cloth as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
you should be getting all the vitamins/minerals you need through your diet alone, multivitamins are an insurance policy incase you're deficient in any and don't know about it

edit: a lot of people should be supplementing vitamin D also
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest