Vitamin B2: 100% RDA
Niacin: 100% RDA
Vitamin B6: 100% RDA
Folic Acid: 200% RDA
Vitamin B12: 200% RDA
Pantothenic Acid: 100% RDA
Iron: 100% RDA
Calcium: 270% RDA

is there anything missing that i would need?
Eagle14
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hope this will help

Attached files
Doob
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Eagle14)
Hope this will help

how the **** are you meant to get so many vitamins in one day?
Angry cucumber
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Just eat a good diet with plenty of fruit and vegetables.
Some fish oil and Vitamin D are the only thing I supplement, the latter only in the winter

Posted from TSR Mobile
GoNutrition
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Doob)
how the **** are you meant to get so many vitamins in one day?
If you're struggling to get everything in from food, many find using a multivitamin supplement a great way to get what your body needs.
Doob
Rep:
?
(Original post by GoNutrition)
If you're struggling to get everything in from food, many find using a multivitamin supplement a great way to get what your body needs.
most studies, and even experts say that multivitamins are a waste of money, and are not effective at extending life, or defending agaist heart disease etc
Eagle14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
NUTRILITE Daily - NUTRILITE Daily contains vitamins, minerals and carefully selected plant concentrates from carrots, spinach, watercress, alfalfa, acerola cherry and parsley, providing phytonutrients

NUTRILITE Fruits and Vegetables, Omega-3 Complex
Mr. Tizzy XII
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I agree with Doob. Unless you have a very poor diet or have a medical condition resulting in specific vitamin deficiencies then you should get all the vitamins and minerals you need from your standard diet. Multivitamins and vitamin supplements are a complete waste of money for most people.
Angry cucumber
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Doob)
most studies, and even experts say that multivitamins are a waste of money, and are not effective at extending life, or defending agaist heart disease etc
Then why are you asking for advice on possible supplementation?

Go figure
Doob
Rep:
?
(Original post by Angry cucumber)
Then why are you asking for advice on possible supplementation?

Go figure
I wasnt asking about supplementation at all, i was asking what vitamins i need, and was shocked at how many you need...
MindTheGaps
Badges: 17
Report 6 years ago
Multivitamins are for people too lazy to eat plenty of vegetables which, in all honesty, is not even that hard.

What you must remember is that RDAs are a minimum requirement, and for optimum health you generally want to exceed them by a lot. That said, if you're eating plenty of good quality fish, meat, eggs, milk, nuts fruit and vegetables then you are unlikely to be lacking significantly in any essential nutrient. If that is the case I simply wouldn't worry about numbers. If not sort it out.

The exception to this is vitamin D. Because we synthesise it from our exposure to the sun, the far greater time we spend inside or covered up in modern life means most people are deficient, especially during the winter months, and especially those with darker skin living in northern countries. Plenty of evidence supplementation can promote health in many ways, and it is common for doctors to prescribe its use. Pregnant or breastfeeding women are encouraged to supplement, for instance.
RollerBall
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Rinsed)
Multivitamins are for people too lazy to eat plenty of vegetables which, in all honesty, is not even that hard.

What you must remember is that RDAs are a minimum requirement, and for optimum health you generally want to exceed them by a lot. That said, if you're eating plenty of good quality fish, meat, eggs, milk, nuts fruit and vegetables then you are unlikely to be lacking significantly in any essential nutrient. If that is the case I simply wouldn't worry about numbers. If not sort it out.

The exception to this is vitamin D. Because we synthesise it from our exposure to the sun, the far greater time we spend inside or covered up in modern life means most people are deficient, especially during the winter months, and especially those with darker skin living in northern countries. Plenty of evidence supplementation can promote health in many ways, and it is common for doctors to prescribe its use. Pregnant or breastfeeding women are encouraged to supplement, for instance.
It's becoming more and more common in certain population groups under the notion it's a good idea to cover every bit of your skin in black cloth as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Greg Jackson
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
you should be getting all the vitamins/minerals you need through your diet alone, multivitamins are an insurance policy incase you're deficient in any and don't know about it

edit: a lot of people should be supplementing vitamin D also
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.51%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (38)
11.62%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.26%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (70)
21.41%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.4%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.81%

Watched Threads