Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I don't have anything to talk about with my parents so I spend most of my time now in my room with my door locked talking to you fine people. Oh wait that's another forum, never mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    I don't have anything to talk about with my parents so I spend most of my time now in my room with my door locked talking to you fine people. Oh wait that's another forum, never mind.

I am offended :eek: ...please tell me the add of the other forum...i may join

AT - my spelling sucks too...its what brings me down in english all the time. I think i should stop using words i cant spell in exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    This happened to me over the course of a few years when I was about 13 to when I was 16, at which point I left home after an argument and a fight (yes a real one) over my future plans. Being an angst-filled teen at the time my parents naturally annoyed me indescribably by their every action. I realised I had hardly anything in common with them and it would be better for all concerned if I left (they disapproved of my incessant boozing, I disapproved of them period).

Now, I still talk to them but not very often, usually about football or when my dad wants to borrow money. How sad.
    Yeh, thats the other thing, there are some really really niggly things that my parents do that annoy me insanely..

1) speaking to me after Ive been out and asking where Ive been etc
    2) letting the dog into the back garden where it barks non stop VERY loudly and dont even attempt to bring it inside
    3) seem to think its my job to take the dog for a walk everyday
    4) saying they dont have enough money to buy some of the food I need(tuna wholemeal bread) etc. when they spend £thousands on cigarettes and stuff like CHOCOLATE.
    5) Having the TV on so loudly that I can still hear it whilst wearing EAR PLUGS during revision, when I ask them to turn it down, they say 'You always have your music on when were watching TV'

Loads of other ones as well but theyre all I can think of at the moment..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)

AT - my spelling sucks too...its what brings me down in english all the time. I think i should stop using words i cant spell in exams.
    I have scruffy hand writing so if there is word I can't spell I make sure its a little bit scruffy to hide the spelling mistake. I probably just get marked down on spelling and scruffy hand writing. Luckily because I'm doing a BSc my tutors are not too bothered about poor spelling.

ReputationRep:

spelling should never be an issue for anyone other than oneself unless its being marked for something important - god knows i have forgiven certain forum members their poor spelling at time - deplorable in most cases for particular ones + my parents are v. cool - i get on with them because we all share academic interests.

ReputationRep:
    sillynarb...... i think you need a girlfriend

trust me, it helps you out LOTS , it's someone you can talk to and communicate with

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Yeh, thats the other thing, there are some really really niggly things that my parents do that annoy me insanely..

1) speaking to me after Ive been out and asking where Ive been etc
    2) letting the dog into the back garden where it barks non stop VERY loudly and dont even attempt to bring it inside
    3) seem to think its my job to take the dog for a walk everyday
    4) saying they dont have enough money to buy some of the food I need(tuna wholemeal bread) etc. when they spend £thousands on cigarettes and stuff like CHOCOLATE.
    5) Having the TV on so loudly that I can still hear it whilst wearing EAR PLUGS during revision, when I ask them to turn it down, they say 'You always have your music on when were watching TV'

Loads of other ones as well but theyre all I can think of at the moment..
    I know what you mean. Ive not been home since saturday morning, and I understand thats its totally reasonable for them to ask about where ive been what ive done etc. but it just makes me so annoyed. I'm 18, and if I dont feel like talking I shouldnt have to. It normally deteriorates into an interrogation sesh with one word answers, then I get pissed off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    And shag.
    Don't we all. When the touch gets going we all need a good shaggin'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazzYaa)
    sillynarb...... i think you need a girlfriend

trust me, it helps you out LOTS , it's someone you can talk to and communicate with
    Yeh, I think I need one to.

I have mates to talk to and communicate and stuff so its not as if Im missing out on anything. I just dont like the fact that I dont talk to my parents as much as Id like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    And shag.
    thats mean...are you getting enough 'shagging'. You can't really talk, because im guessing youre hardly a Cassanova...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Yeh, I think I need one to.

I have mates to talk to and communicate and stuff so its not as if Im missing out on anything. I just dont like the fact that I dont talk to my parents as much as Id like.
    Youre lucky...me...i have no friends, well not ones i can really talk too...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    So you have a chain on "Empire"'s in forums all over the internet?
    I'm sure that that would put joey johns concerns to rest but no. I was kidding. That's actually not a bad idea. Anybody else know of another forum?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samd294)
    I know what you mean. Ive not been home since saturday morning, and I understand thats its totally reasonable for them to ask about where ive been what ive done etc. but it just makes me so annoyed. I'm 18, and if I dont feel like talking I shouldnt have to. It normally deteriorates into an interrogation sesh with one word answers, then I get pissed off.
    Exactly!! I know theyre just trying to make conversation and stuff but I dont feel like talking to them about what Ive been doing whilst out..

ReputationRep:
    Youre lucky...me...i have no friends, well not ones i can really talk too...
    you must have at least one? Isn't their anybody at school you could talk to? When you get to university you should meet some great friends so don't worry about it. I know whats its like though because I went through a no friends about 6 years ago.

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who feel differently? My relationship with my parents has got better over the last 2 years. I can't talk to them about personal thing that would embarass me but I talk to them all the time about politics and generally everything else. It is great I love that I get on well with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    Am I the only one who feel differently? My relationship with my parents has got better over the last 2 years. I can't talk to them about personal thing that would embarass me but I talk to them all the time about politics and generally everything else. It is great I love that I get on well with them.
    Youre a Rachel! All Rachels have good relationships with their parents...im sorry its just a 'Rachel' thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    The thing is, its hard to see it at the time, but in the grand scheme of things, these things aren't really all that annoying. Its just that at the time they are the most annoying things in the world, and what's even more annoying is that parents don't seem to grasp when they're being annoying. You'd think that when they did something and you got annoyed, they'd put two and two together, but no.

I know exactly what you mean about the gettign questioned thing, I hate nosy people and my parents are two of the nosiest people ever conceived. Obviously they have nothing better to do than to try and find out what other people have been doing. Mind you, its only at its most annoying when you've been doing something you don't want to tell them about... I never told them anything about my private life, why would I want to? I'd just get lectured and/or punched. You'd think they'd never been young themselves, don't they know teenagers are supposed to do stuff they aren't supposed to do?
    They wouldnt lecture me, I just dont like telling them stuff. I dont know why, I just dont feel comfortable about it. Also Its been ages since my parents laid a finger on me. Ages ago my dad laid into me and tried beating the crap out of me but I just blocked basically all of his punches and started laughing at him...hes never tried it since for some reason. Also ages ago my mum was being a complete ***** for no reason...I was on my computer and apparantly ignoring her, so she picked up my mouse started smashing it against the wall, pulled the monitor off the desk and **** like that. I stood up and told her to f**k off basically, she tried to push me away but I just pushed her away...after that she went to the shed got a suitcase dropped on my bed and told me to pack it ! Looking back I find it so funny but at the time I hated them so much its unreal..

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a Rachel, and I get on ok with mine. We went through a couple of bad patches, my worst when I was 11-12, but generally we do fine now. But I've never been one for going out till 3am and not saying where I am, so I don't get into that bit of arguments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    I'm not a Rachel, and I get on ok with mine. We went through a couple of bad patches, my worst when I was 11-12, but generally we do fine now. But I've never been one for going out till 3am and not saying where I am, so I don't get into that bit of arguments.
    Worst for me was 15-16. We dont actually argue at all I just find them exceedingly annoying..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    yup....and it gets worse when you leave home...all my mum talks to me about now is "have you found a nice young man yet?"

to which my answer is no....and then it goes silent.
    I didn't get a boyfriend until I was 17.

When I was 16 and a half my mum asked if I was a lesbian. :rolleyes:

They don't really know me at all lol, but my relationhip has got much better since going to uni. An no, before anyone asks, I'm not a lesbian.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 19, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.