Find it hard to eat enough to gain weight Watch

eagleclawsan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm a guy who is quite slim/skinny. I work out to try and gain mass but it only seems to tone my muscles. I try and eat but I get full quickly. How do people have 5 meals a day???

I would like to maybe gain a stone in 2 months (With weights and eating). Possible?

Thanks
illusionz
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Peanut butter, oats, full fat milk. Blend them up and drink them if it makes it easier. Add cheese to everything.
Petrue
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Frequent tablespoons of peanut butter, works a treat.
ridwan12
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by eagleclawsan)
I'm a guy who is quite slim/skinny. I work out to try and gain mass but it only seems to tone my muscles. I try and eat but I get full quickly. How do people have 5 meals a day???

I would like to maybe gain a stone in 2 months (With weights and eating). Possible?

Thanks
I eat a LOT. Yet I never gain any substantial weight, it usually takes a while.

Just force it down. Eat regularly aswell, with snacks every few hours.
eagleclawsan
Rep:
?
(Original post by illusionz)
Peanut butter, oats, full fat milk. Blend them up and drink them if it makes it easier. Add cheese to everything.
(Original post by Petrue)
Frequent tablespoons of peanut butter, works a treat.
(Original post by ridwan12)
I eat a LOT. Yet I never gain any substantial weight, it usually takes a while.

Just force it down. Eat regularly aswell, with snacks every few hours.
Wow some really great tips. I have lots of peanut butter! Actually had 2 peanut butter sandwiches today already. I like the blending idea. I took the advice on sixpackshortcuts' youtube channel and am aiming to eat a snack every 2 hours.

Does anyone know how much protein one should consume in a day?
illusionz
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
~1.5g/kg of body weight probs fine.
Angry cucumber
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For the love of god stay away from Mike Chang

Omar Isuf, Brandon Campbell, Blaha, Candito and a few others are so much better than the sales men con artist that is Mike Chang

Agree with illusionz
Posted from TSR Mobile
eagleclawsan
Rep:
?
(Original post by illusionz)
~1.5g/kg of body weight probs fine.
Thanks
eagleclawsan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Angry cucumber)
For the love of god stay away from Mike Chang

Omar Isuf, Brandon Campbell, Blaha, Candito and a few others are so much better than the sales men con artist that is Mike Chang

Agree with illusionz
Posted from TSR Mobile
Which one is the best for a beginner? What do you think of scooby?
Kim-Jong-Illest
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
didnt mike chang get exposed as being a total fake? guy was an absolute tool anyway
Angry cucumber
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Which one is the best for a beginner? What do you think of scooby?
The ones I mentioned are all good for a beginner. Personally I watch Omar and Blaha the most with Candito more for how to lift. Brandon Campbell I like because he's hilarious. For you the first 3 are the best for you atm.

Scooby is legit, a nice guy with his heart in the right place but his advice isn't that great, like his assertion if it tastes nice spit it out...
Tom78
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What's your height and weight?

Eating bread and carbs, cheese etc. will help you put on weight, or do what Illusionz said and make some dench shake.
eagleclawsan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tom78)
What's your height and weight?

Eating bread and carbs, cheese etc. will help you put on weight, or do what Illusionz said and make some dench shake.
5ft 10 and 130lb
Jamie73
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Have you worked out how many calories your body needs at rest (BMR) and then worked out how many calories your body needs depending on your activity levels? (TDEE). Find out how many calories you need and you can start planning on how to effectively gain weight.

You have two options, dirty bulking or clean bulking. The dirty bulk is where you eat practically anything that your body can digest until you eat above your daily calorie requirements in order to gain muscle and size. You won't care about your macros and ratios won't make any difference because you will be eating everything you possibly can. Clean bulking is where you are building muscle without gaining fat. Dirty bulking works but it isn't good and it certainly isn't healthy.

With a clean bulk you want to get your calories right and then work on your macros. You want to eat healthy foods and whole foods. Decide on your training plan and come up with a training routine that is right for you and one you can do without compromising safety to yourself.
Tom78
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
5ft 10 and 130lb
So you should really be what 10.5-11 stone?

Work out whilst eating more, binge on carbs. Have a diy protein shake if need be, something like protein powder + oats + peanut butter + banana that'll be like 500+ calories. It really shouldn't be hard to gain weight tbh, if you're eating 3-4 solid meals per day.
Tom78
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
And do a strength-based workout, ie. low reps high weight, lots of compound movements.
eagleclawsan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tom78)

Work out whilst eating more, binge on carbs. Have a diy protein shake if need be, something like protein powder + oats + peanut butter + banana that'll be like 500+ calories. It really shouldn't be hard to gain weight tbh, if you're eating 3-4 solid meals per day.
THanks man. Really helpful advice. I'm sorry but I've run out of rep to give
Tom78
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No worries, manaman's got rep for days.
Jamie73
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Tom78)

A large portion of my calories comes from pretty simple foods. Pasta, rice, chicken, oats, nuts, olive oil, milk. I usually have a couple of tbs of evoo in my pasta and chicken which gives me that extra calories when I need them during a somewhat clean bulk.
Angry cucumber
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
didnt mike chang get exposed as being a total fake? guy was an absolute tool anyway
His one goal was is to sell you his red juice pre workout thats not a preworkout if you listen to him, but contains.. pre workout. He advertises his bs company everywhere which sells bs training programmes (towel rows anyone?)

And he's a fake natty to boot.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who do you think will be the next PM?

Boris Johnson (224)
72.73%
Jeremy Hunt (84)
27.27%

Watched Threads