Who is fed up with Edexcel Watch

This discussion is closed.
Ollie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Hey, look im just about fed up with edexcel, theve scheduled me 5 exams for the same day, theve set that awfull P3 paper, and they ignore me everytime I try to contact them. And thats just this year! In the past ive had missing results on results day, papers gone awol, questions not at all relating to sylabus, the list goes on.........

edexcel are the only exam board not to offer any kind of student support, the others do. All i get when i try to contact them is either nothing or a "we do not deal directly with students" -y not -i am a paying customer after all!

I beleive that a single non profit making exam board should be created to stop these incompetant fools from messing up our lives!

Sorry to get so worked up but i really am fed up.

Anyone one else feal the same. maybe i could send a link to edexcel if enough ppl sign!
Jac
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
couldnt agree more with u mate
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
I totally agree with u m8, and if u do send a link - let me know - coz i just want to let as many ppl know how much of a bunch of *******s Edexcel really are!!!!!

p.s. no need to appologise for gettin so worked up - afta all, its them who makin every1 so badly worked up
Ollie
Rep:
?
Thanks!

Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Too tru! EdExcel hav just screwed up too many times in the past. They offer very little help for us, although i think they're putting some kind of notes on their website now, but i could be wrong. My girlfriend did really badly on her graphics papers because it seemed to have questions relating more to a HND in electronic engineering or something. ive done 2 business studies papers so far, and one was on a motorway serice station! can i just say, What the Hell?!?!? I feel sorry for the examiners tring to mark the load of crap that i wrote!
I totally agree!
Ace
Guest_Rob
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
At least with Edexcel you get resources. I do cruel and unusual syllabuses that nobody else does, and so there aren't many people to talk to or share past papers with.
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I am fed up with Edexcel. Although I don't have them for Maths, as many of the posters do, I have my experience with them in Geography.

However, my examinations officer did make a point out of reading out the erratum notice in quite a comedic style, as if to say, "Here we go again"... his actual words were "And the moment I'm sure you've expected... an erratum notice", and he proceeded to delay the GCSE Physics exam due to start at the same time, until the notice had been read in its entirity - including the name of the chief blokey for Geography, and his title.

It brought a smile to our faces, just before we got into the Synoptic Assessment, including Glossy Resources Book, for 2 hours.

I have sat three Geography exams with Edexcel this session, and on ALL three, there have been errors, the fact that erratum notices have been served on only TWO is the concerning fact !
Jac
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yeh edexcel are imcompetent fools. We spend years perfecting our "exam technique" and those *******s cant get theirs right - and they are much more experienced than us.

They gave me a horrible P1 last year, a ***** of a D2 question and a highly challenging P3 paper that was next to impossible to finish in 1.5 hrs. I even got my centre to write a letter of complaint about the maths exams. Idiots!
davem
Report 15 years ago
I found it rather annoying that they banned my calculator from the maths exams (Casio fx-85WA - it was on the list of banned calculators) and just before the start of the P3 exam, they suddenly come out with an erratum saying "oops, sorry, that calculator *isn't* banned because it clearly can't do any symbolic manipulation whatsoever!"

That and that P1 paper last year.
texan trucker
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Originally posted by Ollie
Hey, look im just about fed up with edexcel, theve scheduled me 5 exams for the same day, theve set that awfull P3 paper, and they ignore me everytime I try to contact them. And thats just this year! In the past ive had missing results on results day, papers gone awol, questions not at all relating to sylabus, the list goes on.........

edexcel are the only exam board not to offer any kind of student support, the others do. All i get when i try to contact them is either nothing or a "we do not deal directly with students" -y not -i am a paying customer after all!

I beleive that a single non profit making exam board should be created to stop these incompetant fools from messing up our lives!

Sorry to get so worked up but i really am fed up.

Anyone one else feal the same. maybe i could send a link to edexcel if enough ppl sign!
YO ,.. u shudnt be made to take 5 different exams in one day.. THATS AGAINST THE RULES.... if u have more then 2 different subjects in one day.. u can apply for a exam to be moved.. then get the questions of ur mates!!!.. and if u have more then 3/4 hours.. this as well is grounds for appeal.. in my skool.. happens all the time.. clashes are moved.. cos our exainations officer just accepts we r human!!! if u have too many in one day u should be allowed to sit one the next day
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Originally posted by texan trucker
... if u have too many in one day u should be allowed to sit one the next day
Yeah, the problem is with that, you may have to sleep at the house of your exam officer, or another nominated member of staff.

It has happened to one of my collegues, and it has to be said it wasn't the greatest night of her life, though apparently the English teacher involved made a great Spag Bol !
XXXNICEGUYXXX
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
hahahahhaah i read on some form for edexcel that jewish ppl who have holidays on their exam day have a special form where the parents and student sign and the exam can be moved by like a day!
Ollie
Rep:
?
good to see im not the only one then.... come on if everyone posts then we can send a big bunch of complaints off to edexcel!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
form the uk-learning-edexhell
texan trucker
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
WELL its true..on a religious festival on an exam day.. it gets moved.. on one occasion they then had to do it on the sunday..
and by the way.. none of my freinds had to sleep with any teachers.. they just signed a form.. u shud try it
Rachellong
Report 15 years ago
too true...Edexcel have made a hash of our exams, and as for the multiple exams, our school u have to sleep over with a teach...one girl had to do it on hwer birthday night...and the teach made her a cake...but all of our clashes...we have to sit as much as poss on one day, then have some early or late. Edexcel are complete prats though....I agree...
pure_ass_angel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
someone should send this page with the results of the poll to edexcel! or the governement! lol!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
nag dammit! you got my vote!
those arse write sum fcked up questions!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
they dont understand that by making questions so hard, they can ruin our lives. failing may result in us retaking. thas a yr wasted.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
i totally agree, i do edexcel maths a-level and the M3 paper was impossible to do, it was hell nothing like the past papers,
P3 was a little better than M3 but still very hard , i don't know what edexcel are up to but i hope they lower the grade boundaries by like 20 % or else everyone will fail...... i hate edexcel
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (108)
95.58%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (5)
4.42%

Watched Threads