Who is fed up with Edexcel

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Rachellong
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
Does anyone who know what edexcel were thinking when they set the PHY6 paper....was i the only one who found it impossible?

Rachel
Jac
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Thought that was a good paper, sorry Rachellong. There were a lot of proofs, and the explaining stuff was reasonable.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I found PHY6 impossible aswell. I'm an A/B student for physics and I dont think i couldnt even get an E with the way they set that paper.
Plz confirm this if u found it hard.
Ollie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
one or two of those proofs i considered pretty hard!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Ollie
one or two of those proofs i considered pretty hard!
I thought the proofs were the easiest thing on that. One of the homogenous questions I couldn't get right first time, but came back to it and managed to do it. Was so glad the last question was on SHM and not any PHY1 or PHY2 stuff. I found the paper pretty hard overall.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Im an A/B student and found the paper a challenge, but thts wat it is meant to be! No point panicking now. . . . bring on August 14th!
sons321
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
OCR EXAM BOARD IS MUCH MORE DIFFICULT THAN EDEXCEL, IF I WERE DOING EDEXCEL I WOULD BE VERY HAPPY! tRY READING AN OCR TEXT BOOK IN MATHEMATICS! HOWEVER I THINK THE SCIENCES IN OCR ARE NOT BAD
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by sons321)
OCR EXAM BOARD IS MUCH MORE DIFFICULT THAN EDEXCEL, IF I WERE DOING EDEXCEL I WOULD BE VERY HAPPY! tRY READING AN OCR TEXT BOOK IN MATHEMATICS! HOWEVER I THINK THE SCIENCES IN OCR ARE NOT BAD

OCR sciences are GREAT!!! Thought I had screwed up badly this year on my Electronics AS but (*thanks god*) I came out with an A and my paper 1 was as near to perfect as I have ever been (without actually getting 100%).

OCR are my favorite board by a looooonnngg way!!!
I rate EdExcel somewhere between pond scum and the ebola virus...
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I rate EdExcel somewhere between pond scum and the ebola virus... [/QUOTE]

What an insult to pond scum! Edexcel lost one of my papers, lied about it when my school put pressure on, set us history coursework that wasn't complete (missing sources and unfinished questions) and I can never get hold of them on the phone! The cretins should be tarred, feathered and fed whole to giant monkey-donkey creatures (the ones that don't already work for them.)
EddieB
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Leekey)
OCR are my favorite board by a looooonnngg way!!!
I rate EdExcel somewhere between pond scum and the ebola virus...
OCR rock. And they do the cheapest remarks
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I don't like the way Edexcel have arranged my applied modules in A Level Maths/AS Further Maths. They put M1 and M2 in Further (and I got As in both) giving me a B and in Maths, M3, S1 and S2 and I got a C :/.
Leekey
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Nylex)
I don't like the way Edexcel have arranged my applied modules in A Level Maths/AS Further Maths. They put M1 and M2 in Further (and I got As in both) giving me a B and in Maths, M3, S1 and S2 and I got a C :/.
Thay did EXACTLY the same thing to my friend. He was gutted and spend an hour complaining to me that he had been robbed of his A. I think he was looking into disaggrigating all modules and immediately re-aggrigating the modules in a way that would get him a better grades. I don't know if he has done this but I know that he was considering the viability of it.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Thay did EXACTLY the same thing to my friend. He was gutted and spend an hour complaining to me that he had been robbed of his A. I think he was looking into disaggrigating all modules and immediately re-aggrigating the modules in a way that would get him a better grades. I don't know if he has done this but I know that he was considering the viability of it.

I thought that it was up to the exams officer at your school to decide which modules went where
Leekey
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
I thought that it was up to the exams officer at your school to decide which modules went where

NO, the final decision rests with the examining body. In theory they are meant to combine all your modules in a way that gets the best possible grades but clearly this is something that EdExcel don't take too seriously....after all its only people's lives there playing with!!
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
NO, the final decision rests with the examining body. In theory they are meant to combine all your modules in a way that gets the best possible grades but clearly this is something that EdExcel don't take too seriously....after all its only people's lives there playing with!!
Well said Leekey .
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I say AQA are the best - my two pretty A's were with them!
loftx
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The same thing happened to me. I got a B in maths and a C in further maths when I had some better mdoules in further maths than maths. Apparantly there is a system which is supposed to secure you the highest overall grade. When I sat down and worked everything out, there would have been no combination where I could have got an A in maths, but I expect Edexcel screw this up sometimes - its such a complex way of doing it.
Suk
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I find edexcel the hardest by a long run, and i get the lowest marks +suprises in them. OCR are the dogs bollox, i get quality marks!!
What i found is that i tend to waffle in exams and as my OCR papers for gcse and alevel were level marked rather then each point = mark thus i got higher marks with OCR, i also found that edexcel was much more dependent on fact and to the point answers, hence even whilst i thought i got the answers i didn't....or it could be edxcel markers are more then likely 20 yr old junior teachers doing 700 papers a day.
AllergicToFairydust
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by sons321)
I agree about the OCR Maths Textbook but they made up with the French..

Exexhell gives me a headache....shut them down and burn any remains of their worthless company
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
i totally agree, i do edexcel maths a-level and the M3 paper was impossible to do, it was hell nothing like the past papers,
P3 was a little better than M3 but still very hard , i don't know what edexcel are up to but i hope they lower the grade boundaries by like 20 % or else everyone will fail...... i hate edexcel
YOU KNOW I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY THE SCHOOL'S AND COLLEGE'S CHOOSE EDEXCEL!!!!!!!!!!!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (96)
27.2%
No (257)
72.8%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise