Who is fed up with Edexcel Watch

This discussion is closed.
Lithium
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i HAD A BIOLOGY \AS\ MOCK EXAM TODAY, AND **** ME IF I PAS, I MEAN THE ECOLOGY PAPER WAS SO ****ING HARD, I MEAN I REALL FEEL SORRY FOR ALL THOES PPL WHO SAT FOR IT IN JAN 2004, AND THER IS NO CERTAINF PATTERN IN QUESTIONS IN ANY ****ING SUB!!!!~! :rolleyes:
F. Poste
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I have Psychology with EdExcel, and I'm an A grade student. Took unit 4 in January and got a D. I thought that was just cause I'd been going through some hard stuff and didn't have my mind on revision... but my teacher ordered our papers back and that was one hell of a shock. I could see where I went wrong in most places but in others I can't see where their logic was at all! I suppose I'll just have to work harder and pray that I fall within the lines of their logic next time*rolls eyes*
Babygal
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
used the exam board twice for RE short course and food technology, never really bothered me, but sympathies in your case
Pegasus
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I got an A (1 mark on A*) at History GCSE and was predicted an A for my January module. I thought it had gone well on the day but I ended up getting a D. A number of people in my class got lower grades than they expected (including a number of Us). To make it worse I have 4 exams on the same day next month: exam board = Edexcel for all of them which is a total of 5hrs 15mins of exams in one day. :mad:
mk_not_r2d2
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Just thought I'd reopen this debate to add that I got back my German listening paper from Edexcel which got a mid C (when I am an A grade student - in my GCSE I came in the top 5 in the country) bringing my overall grade down to a B (4 marks from an A).

I'd had it remarked, but there was no change in the grade, so I was rather shocked to see that, when I saw my paper, I'd only had 1 mark knocked off the whole of the paper except for the writing question, for which I received 0. I showed it to my teacher and neither of us can understand how I did so badly to get 0/16 for that question, when the question before (about the same excerpt) I got full marks. So I obviously understood it.

I'm confused, but I've already paid for the resit.

Let's just say that if someone from Edexcel happened to be anywhere near me at this point, I would quite happily murder them, and to hell with the consequences.
smallthoms
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I know someone has already made this point but I'll say it anyway: why don't schools just change boards?
kellywood_5
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I took AVCE ICT (2 years early) with them this summer and they really screwed up my marks. On one unit where I actually got 84, they gave me 40 and on one unit where I actually got 63, they gave me 0; so in total they gave me 107 marks less than they should have, meaaning the C that I should have got came out as a D. It wasn't just me they did this to though; EVERYONE in my school who took AVCE ICT got at least one grade lower than they should have done, so the teachers have sent everything back to be remarked. My teacher told me it looked as though they'd got our work mixed up with the work from another centre. Morons!

I'm actually taking 3 out of my 4 AS-levels with them; all except sociology, which is AQA. Hopefully, they're ok with arts subjects and they only screw up on the sciences (although that sucks for all you scientists!)
london
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kellywood_5)
I took AVCE ICT (2 years early) with them this summer and they really screwed up my marks. On one unit where I actually got 84, they gave me 40 and on one unit where I actually got 63, they gave me 0; so in total they gave me 107 marks less than they should have, meaaning the C that I should have got came out as a D. It wasn't just me they did this to though; EVERYONE in my school who took AVCE ICT got at least one grade lower than they should have done, so the teachers have sent everything back to be remarked. My teacher told me it looked as though they'd got our work mixed up with the work from another centre. Morons!

I'm actually taking 3 out of my 4 AS-levels with them; all except sociology, which is AQA. Hopefully, they're ok with arts subjects and they only screw up on the sciences (although that sucks for all you scientists!)
Maybe they favour international students. Did you know the Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology are EXACTLY THE SAME 100%, in theory it is possible to cheat with timer difference in London and Hong Kong.
RobbieC
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I agree entirely with you, though OCR are the dodgiest board in terms of their assessment, Edexcel are an adminsitrative and supportive HASH up.
CharleeB
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Most state schools do edexcel because the LEA pays for them to do it. I think that all schools should do CIE, its worth tonnes more because people dont cheat on their coursework. OF course that is just for GCSE. People who have had their alevel results messed up by edexhel, I feel very sorry for you.
tash087
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Everyone at my school is fed up with Edexcel!
In our French Orals, our school keeps getting marks taken away from us because the examiners think the teachers must have prepared us too much, when of course they haven't.

The head of modern langs, went to a conference and apparently all the teachers were so outraged that they all walked out and the meeting had to be abandoned. Also apparently some of the Heads of Depts from other schools rummaged through the chief examiners desk to find out the statistics, because everyone was so furious about the marks!!!
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
Hey, look im just about fed up with edexcel, theve scheduled me 5 exams for the same day, theve set that awfull P3 paper, and they ignore me everytime I try to contact them. And thats just this year! In the past ive had missing results on results day, papers gone awol, questions not at all relating to sylabus, the list goes on.........

edexcel are the only exam board not to offer any kind of student support, the others do. All i get when i try to contact them is either nothing or a "we do not deal directly with students" -y not -i am a paying customer after all!

I beleive that a single non profit making exam board should be created to stop these incompetant fools from messing up our lives!

Sorry to get so worked up but i really am fed up.

Anyone one else feal the same. maybe i could send a link to edexcel if enough ppl sign!
all my subjects are on edexcel...so im not going to complain!...i dont like AQA :mad:
london
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ThornsnRoses)
all my subjects are on edexcel...so im not going to complain!...i dont like AQA :mad:
Edexcel A-Level Maths is still excellent very few problems except really ****ing difficult questions on some papers.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?