The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Sarky
I'm an arty person going to med school. I like sciences but i have to work damn hard to get decent grades compared to all the arts subjects i have done.

TBH, I don't think that it is hard to get good grades in Creative subjects, at GCSE Level anyway. I know that in my school loads of people got B's for English, and A's to, whereas for Science/Maths it was much lower. Maybe it was just my school, not sure.....GCSE English grades were good.
How would economics classify here?

The most scientific art, or the most artistic science?
bono
But you enjoy your degree though, yes?

Oh, yeah, I love it! But it's hard...
bono
TBH, I don't think that it is hard to get good grades in Creative subjects, at GCSE Level anyway. I know that in my school loads of people got B's for English, and A's to, whereas for Science/Maths it was much lower. Maybe it was just my school, not sure.....GCSE English grades were good.

I think arts subjects are probably easier to pass, but harder to do well in because there's a greater degree of subjectivity in the marking and it isn't black and white - whereas with science if you know your stuff, you get a top grade.
Reply 24
MadNatSci
I clicked sciencey because that's my degree... but I was actually always best at languages.. :s-smilie:

Same here really.. French was always my best subject.
I always enjoyed arty subjects more (well english, music and art anyway) but I was pretty average at them, while I found sciences easy but not so much fun (or maybe that's just because I spent a large part of my art & design GCSE painting things purple for no real reason).

Although the last time I studied arty courses (GCSE) I wasn't really paying much attention to any lessons as such (I wrote a book with my friend in science lessons, played blockbusters in geography, spent maths lessons alternately fighting/flirting with the boys who sat behind me, played hangman in english, I practised reproducing the cadbury logo and making tippex sculptures in business studies and I didn't turn up to 75% of my design and technology lessons (I extended my cello lessons instead)) - and people wonder why I turned down the scholarship place at the private school up the road where they forced you to work :rolleyes:
Neither really :smile:.
I'm best at the "Do no work" subjects.
Reply 27
Its got to be sciencey, I suck at all things arty - apart from Art which I was always quite good at :tongue:
Reply 28
Ultra Genious
Are you best at the science and maths subjects (physics, maths etc) or the Arty ones? (english, history etc). I think it would be interesting to see which most people prevail in.

For em it is Chemistry,Biology and maths at the same level then physics and art...
Reply 29
I like both art and science. however I am good at maths but not interested in it. I love science but am also good at english and art I just don't seem to fit in anywhere ha ha.
Ultra Genious
Are you best at the science and maths subjects (physics, maths etc) or the Arty ones? (english, history etc). I think it would be interesting to see which most people prevail in.

I'd say more "arty" because i adore english and am studyling further history but i actually want to be a doctor so i enjoy the science type subjects as well. I think i'm slighlty random! :cool:
Reply 31
Arts - well, English anyway :biggrin: It's always been the subject I got the best results in and its also my favourite (hence why I am starting a degree in it next year). I also enjoy art but felt it would take up too much study time to continue it to A-Level.
Reply 32
I tend to be pretty good at them both because I'm both logical and creative. My best Standard Grades were music, french and geography, plus I'm not bad at English, and do loads of drama. I really dropped most of my arty subjects after that. This year I did really well in computing and physics - getting the prizes in both of them, but my english and geog grades are still pretty good.
I think I'm slightly more suited to the sciency courses though. :smile:
Reply 33
It'd have to be sciency. I do no other "arty" subjects.

Frankly speaking, a GCSE Art course in my opinon, involves more work and anguish than most subjects.
Reply 34

Frankly speaking, a GCSE Art course in my opinon, involves more work and anguish than most subjects.

Seconded.

I was pretty ill recently and am still trying to recover so all I want to do is sleep but I can't as I have quite a bit of work to do :frown: Plus I missed the art exam so am now doing it on my own with only one other person.

Latest

Trending

Trending