The Student Room Group

Why can't i find Anime lovers in London?

What is wrong with this city? Are there any anime lovers here at all? I can't really find anyone who shares a passion for anime.
Original post by How Are You?
What is wrong with this city? Are there any anime lovers here at all? I can't really find anyone who shares a passion for anime.

I live in Galway in Ireland and it's pretty rare here too. I guess if you hang out at a comic book shop in the manga section you're bound to meet plenty of people with the same interest.
They're all in their bedrooms watching anime. :tongue:
I love anime and I live in Birmingham, there's a few around
I'm actually selling anime boxsets on ebay right now for fairly cheap prices - interested?
Reply 5
Should've been at HyperJapan the other day; at least a thousand of them came crawling out of the woodworks!

I love anime and I live in London :indiff:
Woo more anime lovers!
omds my brother AND sister LOVE anime n im just like NOOOOOOO!!!!! my sis even listens to japanese music (we're brown) n im like do u even understand what theyre sayin n shes like whatevs its good :rolleyes:
Well I'm not from London nor am I in London but I love anime xD
You'll find people, even from my university - I managed to find a few who shares similar interests to me.
Original post by zippity.doodah
I'm actually selling anime boxsets on ebay right now for fairly cheap prices - interested?

You actually paid for it?
Reply 11
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
I love anime and I live in Birmingham, there's a few around

oh give over you're not an anime fan. Do you cosplay?

Are you a die hard fan?

Or are you one of those girls that pretends to game and read manga for the sake of appearing hip?

:lol:
Reply 12
Original post by DiddyDec

Yes some of us like to contribute to the shows we watch you know so they don't get cancelled?

It's giving back. Might want to try it.

If you're going to find anime lovers anywhere, it'll be London xD
Original post by DiddyDec

like a pimp
but yeah, selling them now
Original post by Armin.
oh give over you're not an anime fan. Do you cosplay?

Are you a die hard fan?

Or are you one of those girls that pretends to game and read manga for the sake of appearing hip?

:lol:

Yeah actually I do. I went to comiccon last year, I larp, I've been gaming since I was a child, have a 360 250 gig with several games, a gaming PC, several anime box sets, write fanfic as well as own several pieces of merch. I also draw my own stuff. I read graphic novels, some of my favourites are Batman: The Long Halloween, Joker, Knightfall, the fatale series, Saga, Blacksad (all of them) Trial of the Catwoman, Gotham Central (all of them), I could go on. I'm also learning Japanese so I can watch anime in it's original language. Check my post history if you're that bothered, I've mentioned it before (as well as my anime crush and other related stuff lol)

How stereotypical that the minute a girl admits she likes something stereotypically male, she's bombarded with questions and accusations and "tested" to see if she's a real fan. These same men tend to go on to moan "how come women don't ever like cool stuff like gaming and graphic novels!!1!"
(edited 9 years ago)
The place I moved out from had literally no anime lovers :frown:

I'll need to see if I can find any in Corwen or near that area :hmpf:

Quick Reply

Latest