The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joker12345
Yeah, it's the same sort of thing IMO, while you'd still get the same sort of jail time it seems morally worse like murdering a child.
I do think rape should be distinguished on some grounds though, like violence, intent to harm etc.

On your last note, it is.
Yes it would be worse if the rapist targeted a virgin purposely

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 162
Original post by MASTER265
How? Rape is sick and there is no worse version of it, plain wrong full stop

pipe down.
One can't help but be horrified at a story where a young virgin girl is brutally raped. It tugs at the heartstrings more than if it was a grown experienced woman. But morally there is no difference. As morality is not based on feelings the two positions can coexist. Furthermore I don't think there would be much of a difference in psychological harm between the two women. The fact that the experienced woman would be able to look back on a wealth of memories of consensual, enjoyable sex might help her get over it more quickly, but in terms of the single incident I imagine it would feel just the same.
No I wouldn't consider it worse. I think it's equally as bad, she could be a virgin or a prostitute to me it doesn't make a difference.
I do think certain kinda of rape could be more traumatic. For example gang rape, at gun point and where it's used to inflict as much injury as possible. In the Congo rape is used as a weapon to destroy communities.
Is it worse to stab someone's left lung or right lung? :colonhash:
Is it worse to murder a child than an 80 year old?
Would people consider 'worse' of me, if I put people in hospital who ask questions like this?

Philosophy, bull****!

See a ****ing professional!
(edited 9 years ago)
You normally remember your first sexual experience. So I'd say it's worse.
I was raped when i was very young and still a virgin. It has definitely changed my perception on sex and relationships for life. I think obviously all rapes are equally as horrific, and after most rapes peoples perceptions of sex change regardless of the status of theor virginity. However, i do think being raped as a virgin means you will never fully be able to enjoy sex as you should be able to, whereas people who were raped who weren’t virgins will have had the experience of enjoyable sex. But, it there is definitely no difference on how bad it was.
It depends what you mean by “worse”.

I wouldn’t say that one is more morally unacceptable than the other. They are both 100% unacceptable under pretty much all conceivable circumstances. As far as the rapist is concerned, he has no business judging the sexual history of both women and then using that as a basis to decide which one is better to rape. He simply shouldn’t rape either.

The physical and psychological consequences might turn out to be more severe for one than the other though. But that will probably depend on far more than just whether or not they happen to be a virgin. (Unless we’re assuming they’re identical in every other respect - but when would that ever be the case, in practice?)
I dont believe this taking away innocence old fashioned thing, rape is rape and it doesn't matter if you're not 'innocent' it doesnt mean its better
Yes

Latest

Trending

Trending