Ombre on hair that's already blonde

Watch
LavenderBlueSky88
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Ok so my hair is already quite a light blonde (like the pic at the bottom) , and I want to get more of an ombre look like this

Name:  pic_6340_1346657435.jpg
Views: 23373
Size:  88.2 KB

I was thinking of using a semi permanent hair dye in a dark blonde or light brown and gradually moving it down my hair so it starts dark and gets lighter. I've read that dying blonde hair brown will turn it green? Also apparently a semi permanent colour wouldn't actually make any difference. Anyone have any idea if this is true? Going to a hairdresser is not an option and I'm not brave enough to use permanent colour just yet!
Attached files
13cats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Your hair wouldn't go green! Its only going to possibly go green if it is basically white or if its bleached. Try the Semi permanent dye but get a tint brush and also a really cheap toothbrush (srsly) then take the dye from the bottle and put it in a bowl use the tint brush from route to like most of the hair you want covered then take the toothbrush and drag some of the dye down to make ombre looking. Also if you want to go for a more fady ombre use two shades of dye and put the lighter one on more of the hair and then the darker one on the top and using the same method (And if it all goes wrong remember it's only semi-permanent and hair grows!)
LavenderBlueSky88
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Just wanted to say. I did it, used a semi permenant colour (no peroxide) - I used light ash brown first of all but it didn't make much difference so I used medium ash brown and it's gone how I wanted, not green at all (a little too reddy/pinkish if anything). Only problem is that it has faded loads even after one wash, so I might do a permenant dye or even a longer lasting semi if I still like it in a few weeks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (15)
6.67%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
15.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (38)
16.89%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
15.11%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (60)
26.67%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (44)
19.56%

Watched Threads