The Student Room Group

Job dilemma

To put it in short, I was offered a job offer from company A which I said yes to and had agreed to start tomorrow. However, I received a call from company B offering me a job with more hours so I'll be earning more..
How do I go about contacting company A and telling them I no longer want to work for them?
Also, will they have an issue with this since I am contacting them late.
Lastly, will this incident cause problems for me to apply for jobs with company A in the future?
Thank you for any advice given :smile:
Just ring and say unfortunately due to some circumstances out of my control I am no longer able to accept the vacancy. I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused. Best Wishes X

Unless you have a very very familiar name I doubt they'll remember you unless its a small company if its just an ordinary day job like Sainsburys they get 1000s of applicants and just use a different email address next time you apply.
Original post by Georgiina_Tee
Just ring and say unfortunately due to some circumstances out of my control I am no longer able to accept the vacancy. I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused. Best Wishes X

Unless you have a very very familiar name I doubt they'll remember you unless its a small company if its just an ordinary day job like Sainsburys they get 1000s of applicants and just use a different email address next time you apply.

Thank you! Fingers crossed they'll be satisfied with that.
And ah phew, hope that's the case :biggrin:
Thanks again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending