The Student Room Group

What to do if you see your recent EX

My ex broke up with me, we haven't talked since cos we don't live near each other so unless we plan to meet up we won't see each other in passing.

If I see her i.e in passing or like on results day etc, what should I do? I don't wunna come across as a rude bitch as I have nothing against her but I also don't want the feelings to come back for my own sake.
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
My ex broke up with me, we haven't talked since cos we don't live near each other so unless we plan to meet up we won't see each other in passing.

If I see her i.e in passing or like on results day etc, what should I do? I don't wunna come across as a rude bitch as I have nothing against her but I also don't want the feelings to come back for my own sake.

If you are still on good terms then ask how things are. If not, just ignore her.
It's a tricky situation. I wouldn't simply try and avoid or ignore her if you do happen to bump into each other, but it doesn't mean you have to put yourself in a situation you're not comfortable with. You obviously need a bit of distance from her, but you should at the very least acknowledge her if you do see her.
Reply 4
Original post by xmertic
If you are still on good terms then ask how things are. If not, just ignore her.

We left on good terms, we both wished each other the best for the future. I have nothing against her, I think she's wonderful and anyone who she ends up with will be very lucky.
It's a tricky situation. I wouldn't simply try and avoid or ignore her if you do happen to bump into each other, but it doesn't mean you have to put yourself in a situation you're not comfortable with. You obviously need a bit of distance from her, but you should at the very least acknowledge her if you do see her.

She isn't the type to approach me, she's shy.

Should I smile? or go and try to make a conversation? I personally just want to act as if she doesn't exist because we're going different unis and the chance that I see her more than twice is very very little.
Reply 5
We left on good terms, we both wished each other the best for the future. I have nothing against her, I think she's wonderful and anyone who she ends up with will be very lucky.

She isn't the type to approach me, she's shy.

Should I smile? or go and try to make a conversation? I personally just want to act as if she doesn't exist because we're going different unis and the chance that I see her more than twice is very very little.

Then say hello and ask how things are.
Reply 6
You're not required to converse with her; you can just acknowledge her by giving her a smile and saying hello. If you feel the need to chat just ask how her she is and how her results were.
Reply 7
bump
Reply 8
..cmon

Well if I bumped into my ex I wouldn't even acknowledge him, however you said that you ended on good terms, so I don't see any reason not to acknowledge her (if you want to). Just smile or say hi, it might depend on the situation - if you're stood near her you could just ask how she is or something.

Don't feel like you have to talk to her if you don't want to though, I wouldn't force a conversation for the sake of it

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending