Why would she go quiet, upset, when I'm talking with another girl.

Watch
Vespasunset
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Ok so there's a woman in work who I really like but haven't really thought she may like me. There have been some signs, but I still cannot say for definite she like me. However there is another girl, who works with us, we are a small team. I obviously talk to the other girl, well she talks to me more, and we laugh and take the mickey, and she calls me names. She called me a name today in front of her, and she almost detached herself from The group and got on with her own thing. Another thing is when I'm around this other girl, she won't engage with me as much? She almost goes a bit quiet? Most of the time she really nice with me, always, 'thanks Dan' and things well today I left work and had to go back for something as I was walking back across the car park I had a laugh and a joke with the other girl, as I walked back into work, she seemed very different compared to when she spoke literally 5 minutes ago, she was very blunt with me, and almost sounded she was close to tears? I really cannot understand what's going on. She's also on her phone texting a lot which is why I assumed she may be seeing someone and have no reason to like me. Girls, any ideas? Why would she speak with me less when the other girls around?
ickra_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
She's probably jealous and thinks she's not good enough for you
Tom78
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Why don't you make a move, while the opportunity's there?
littlepixie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
she definitely likes you and notices you having a laugh with another girl all the time and probably thinks you like the other one instead. . . the silent treatment . . . that's how we roll
scrotgrot
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
She probably does like you at least a little bit but probably not exclusively. Could have been any number of reasons for her going all surly when you went back in. Also as for not talking when with the other girl, maybe she is just not a talky type or is socially submissive to the other girl.

Just ask her for a drink after work and then you will know.
Anonymousmouse
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
She probably likes you but is really jealous of the attention the other girl gets. And she's probably texting her bestfriend about how much she likes you but complaining how shy she is and how she's never going to have you!
Vespasunset
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Thanks for replies.
That was yest, today she seems distant towards me, she's fine with the other girl, we were together and she completely ignored me in the conversation and just talked to her. She's also very friendly etc, but today she just wasn't the same, she struggled to say my name properly stumbling her words. I really don't know what
dondon123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Vespasunset)
Thanks for replies.
That was yest, today she seems distant towards me, she's fine with the other girl, we were together and she completely ignored me in the conversation and just talked to her. She's also very friendly etc, but today she just wasn't the same, she struggled to say my name properly stumbling her words. I really don't know what
Talk it out. Ask her if everything is alright between you guys and she's just seemed a bit off. That gives her the opportunity to tell you if you've done something to upset her, plus you can read her reaction to see if she lying. However it's unlikely she'll tell you she like you. So maybe try flirting or complementing her to see how she reacts. Do you like her? If you do maybe hint at it to her. If not she sounds like drama so just avoid her as much as you. Is there a chance your reading to much into her reaction?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
3.76%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (23)
17.29%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
18.05%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (18)
13.53%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (39)
29.32%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
18.05%

Watched Threads